BSOD while rendering

Started by bobbystahr, February 14, 2017, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Quote from: paq on February 18, 2017, 05:50:18 PM
Terragen is a really good hardware stress test software  8)

I have a damaged computer at home for the moment (the old computer had a strong overheat damage lately, I have lost few memory and pci slots).
While I can still use some CPU demanding softwares (Clarisse, Modo), Terragen is the only one that clearly remind me there is something with my rig :P (system freeze, blue screen, instant reboot, etc).

Not a Terragen fault, as the same scenes render fine at my office ...
Btw yes, 32 gigs is probably the bare minimum these days ...

That was my thinking when I specified what I wanted, but the machine was built by an AMD guy who had never run TG, or I think much actual working software since he went into management. Thanks for the confirmation.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

Just had another BSOD and only the Buddah model was loaded, just loaded, and I was on my way to the internal network when it quit this time.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Isn't it something with your graphics card?

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on February 19, 2017, 02:05:44 AM
Isn't it something with your graphics card?

I dunno really Ulco...I posted the error message here and was told it looks like a memory issue and I tend to agree cuz on low demand on memory  projects no problem...It's a 5900 series(top of line) Radeon  vid card...most annoying, frustrating and plain maddening...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

archonforest

I would love to check this out for ya but I am a bit far away. You really got nobody else who can go there ad check? What would be the first thing is to take out all ram sticks and put some other in for a fast test. Or I can do a short write up with pictures? To check the memory is piss easy...
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Quote from: archonforest on February 19, 2017, 11:48:13 AM
I would love to check this out for ya but I am a bit far away. You really got nobody else who can go there ad check? What would be the first thing is to take out all ram sticks and put some other in for a fast test. Or I can do a short write up with pictures? To check the memory is piss easy...

Got to my tech guy finally Atilla...he'll be here when he can...lives out of town as any sane person does now a daze...I'm obviously not sane enough to do that heh hehhopefull he's bringing more RAM as I'm fairly convinced that's the problem. Low usage situations work well and render fine. To the memory issue,it was a brand new 16G stick he put in and tested with all his personal tests..came out 100%...to me that says I don't have enough and if you check the benchmark page, 32 G is almost the modern minimum for TG4
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

archonforest

Quote from: bobbystahr on February 21, 2017, 11:14:12 AM
Quote from: archonforest on February 19, 2017, 11:48:13 AM

Got to my tech guy finally Atilla...he'll be here when he can...lives out of town as any sane person does now a daze...I'm obviously not sane enough to do that heh hehhopefull he's bringing more RAM as I'm fairly convinced that's the problem. Low usage situations work well and render fine.

8)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd