A free vector drawing tool for you!

Started by TheBadger, February 08, 2017, 05:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

open source soft

https://inkscape.org/en/

Looks good. About to download and try it out.

I am going to buy affinity design and photo when I get my tax returns now  (affinity supports all major platforms now). I have illustrator cs6 but it wont work anymore without a outdated JAVA version. I dont use JAVA for anything and don't even want it on my system.

inckscape link may have been posted in this forum some time ago, as lots of free soft gets posted here. If you have used it please let me know!! Would like to see some of how you use it.

I use vectors for 3d modeling. In my case for decorative objects where I have a singe 2D ortho (front view). I import the vector into 3d soft and convert it then extrude. It is the best way I have learned of to make complex parts in no time. Sometimes mapping and cleaning verts is really a pain, but always faster than modeling from scratch. Does logos the best too such as with videocopilot plugin for AE. SO FAST!!!!!!

An example of use would be to make a corinthian column capital. Just try it it with box modeling! HA! what a lot of work! but then again still no escape from UVs and vert herding...

You can find free vector files on line all day long. But making them your self allows you to control where the verts will be, and how many verts. clean even number of verts mean easy extruding.
It has been eaten.

TheBadger

Hi,

I had some time to play with the soft. Its not bad at all.

The convert image/photo to vector works really good. Editing paths is a little Unintuitive in terms of using the tool box, But there are tons of tuts on this soft and it looks well supported. so not really an issue.

If you have a bunch of cool but unfinished drawings of your own laying around and don't have a program like illustrator, then you should try this out on a few of your sketches.

It has been eaten.