Multiple computers to render one large image

Started by LabMonster13, February 24, 2017, 11:43:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LabMonster13

Trying to see if I can render one very large image using multiple computers. Is this possible or should it be stitched together from multiple images? Thanks

Oshyan

There is no built-in method for distributing rendering across multiple machines. So you would need to do multiple crop renders with some amount of overlap (about 10% might be good), and take care to use the same GI cache for all crops, then you can switch together afterward.

- Oshyan

LabMonster13

Ok thanks, so when I crop a camera I am continuing to get different results. So if I have a camera pointing in six directions. (up, down, left, right, front, back.) and I use a crop for each image in quadrants, the resulting images to not line up with each other. It appears that the camera is off alignment. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. 

cyphyr

If you're crteating a skybox (up, down, left, right, front, back.) you should not need to set up your camera with a crop. Set the render aspect ration to 1 (so width and height are equal) and in the camera node set the camera FOV to 90deg. Then create an animation of the camera facing 0 deg, 90 deg, 180 deg and 270 deg and up and down (don't forget to turn off motion blur) and render your six frames. If you're using GI you may want to render a GICache prepass of all 6 frames and then set the final render to Read GI cache "Equal blend within range".

Hope this helps

Also if you want to render each image on a seperate computer just set save 6 files with the camera pointing in a different direction in each file.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)