Statues

Started by luvsmuzik, February 18, 2017, 11:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

I downloaded a model from the link in File Sharing
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,22853.0.html

Marly - Louvre Museum (Low Definition) by Benjamin Bardou is licensed under CC Attribution

brass oxide tgc (marly image 1) from Terragen Material Library shares
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,22695.0.html

I am trying to accomplish something I am stuck on...(again)

How do I make a SSS platform here that is say....1000x1000 and just add it as terrain on top of existing default SSS and then apply the Hetzen cobblestone clip? Thanks for that share!

I have successfully added the clip to the default with a low altitude surface layer, but I only want a small area to make like a plaza or park area at ground zero, and then be able to expand that area with other things.

Also roughened up a reflective shader so I only get a mild reflect, not the entire sky!

Dune

You're talking in riddles, SSS terrain on top of default SSS? If you want a block like the black one with the cobblestones texture, why not use a displacable cube?

luvsmuzik

I wanted a setup that did not involve another object. You forget my limitations with free version objects. I could just enlarge the base and do it out of program and then add the clip I suppose, with another cube base under it . I wasn't sure the cobblestone would work. I do not mean to be so confusing, sorry.

I wondered if it would be all involved, like you do your simple road set up, changing a lot of variables. Again I am sorry not being clear.

Dune

But you need the black cube to be cobbled? The cube is an internal object, I don't think that inhibits use of external object imports in free version.
Or you could make a pretty sharp SSS, raise the ground, add a compute normal or compute terrain with small patch size and then add the cobble clip to that part. The it will cobble the sides as well.

EDIT: I do have the clip somewhere, but can't find it. This is the idea I'm talking about.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Dune on February 18, 2017, 11:42:11 AM
But you need the black cube to be cobbled? The cube is an internal object, I don't think that inhibits use of external object imports in free version.
Or you could make a pretty sharp SSS, raise the ground, add a compute normal or compute terrain with small patch size and then add the cobble clip to that part. The it will cobble the sides as well.

EDIT: I do have the clip somewhere, but can't find it. This is the idea I'm talking about.

Oh great! Thanks for that! I am trying to cobble the black cube as we speak. I wanted cobble platform, black base, statue. The clip begins...Hetzen cobbles. I will add it here later, on tablet just now.

Matt

The Free edition doesn't have any limitations on the number of objects, except the number of populations. Individual objects aren't affected by the population limit.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Matt on February 18, 2017, 02:40:03 PM
The Free edition doesn't have any limitations on the number of objects, except the number of populations. Individual objects aren't affected by the population limit.

Matt
Well thank you Dune and Matt! This is great to know!

luvsmuzik

It worked!
Too late I realize my statue may be too distant. Oh well, I fix next render.
I used your set up Dune
Quote from: Dune on February 18, 2017, 11:42:11 AM

Thank you again for that set up. I had set this set up similar but was trying to mask the SSS, instead of using it as the mask. I now see what displacement offset does too. I changed your 10 to a 2 in the surface layer.

mhaze fake stone setup clip

luvsmuzik

I also used soft shadows. Sure beats the olden days of making a black mask and trying to line up some fake shade of gray to imitate a shadow :)

luvsmuzik

made some tulips

masonspappy

Perhaps clouds in the sky for drama?

luvsmuzik

Quote from: masonspappy on February 19, 2017, 11:06:38 PM
Perhaps clouds in the sky for drama?
Probably, but trying to decide maybe a higher arched column structure? That might be too much. I agree that is a lot of sky there, ha.

luvsmuzik

I do not know how old this image is, I grabbed it two computers ago.
This is sort of where I was going with my interpretation.
I tried to incorporate Dune's wall of fake stones, but I do not know how to hook all of this together. You see I may not use a file share right away, but I know what I want to do with them. :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on February 20, 2017, 09:48:59 AM
I tried to incorporate Dune's wall of fake stones, but I do not know how to hook all of this together. You see I may not use a file share right away, but I know what I want to do with them. :)

maybe taller trees in your pic. Are you working to real world scale? Are you aware of MrLamppost's grid set up where you can determine actual scale?
It's an an invaluable scale tool..
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Quote from: bobbystahr on February 20, 2017, 09:58:54 AM
Quote from: luvsmuzik on February 20, 2017, 09:48:59 AM

maybe taller trees in your pic. Are you working to real world scale? Are you aware of MrLamppost's grid set up where you can determine actual scale?
It's an an invaluable scale tool..

I am resizing as we speak. narrow walkway and distant POV. First I had to get the stone walkway. :)
Thanks for the tip about the scaling. If it is metric, I am lost, but I know there is a great logical use for that.
Low resolution ....now to fix...