Statues

Started by luvsmuzik, February 18, 2017, 11:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

You have to login using facebook, or google, etc, which is 'out of my league'. If you could dropbox it, I don't think that would hurt anyone. It's not extremely important, but if it's little trouble...

luvsmuzik

I will Dropbox it and message the link if I can figure that out.

Dune

luvsmuzik

Working on a little water

Half a sphere with about 3000 smaller spheres for water droplets
Half a sphere is subdivided and has a glass shader merge with a powerfractal through transform input at world position. Is there a way to mask parts of this completely, to have open spots? I can rework it if not.
Droplets have just glass shader through transform input at world position

I will keep working at this and add two more spray effects, upper spray and lower spray

Dune

Add a world space pf to the opacity input and you can get open spaces.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Dune on March 31, 2017, 11:37:12 AM

Oh, that should work well. I had already masked the "bell" shape once with zero opacity, giving me just droplets, but I like this idea even better.Thank you!

DocCharly65

I like that experiment. Curious where this goes.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: DocCharly65 on March 31, 2017, 01:10:59 PM
I like that experiment. Curious where this goes.

Thanks DocCharly65!

Quote from: Dune on March 31, 2017, 11:37:12 AM
Okay here it is with the PF opacity mask, yay!

Image #2
Showing the object by itself with default shaders and then object with sphere base masked (0 opacity) and only a glass shader on bubbles. I really like what adding the PF in the opacity has done!

Also use sunburst filter.

Edit: There is also a dew drop clip file share by Dandelo that can be added to an object. It can be used on many things, such as flower petals. I have that clip but did mine this way.

DocCharly65

That looks amazing!

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on April 01, 2017, 10:38:22 AM
That looks amazing!

I quite agree, and by the by,which idea of mine was it luvsmuzik
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Quote from: bobbystahr on April 01, 2017, 01:19:33 PM
I quite agree, and by the by,which idea of mine was it luvsmuzik
Thanks bobbystahr. I do not know if you ever simulated a fountain spray with an animated jpg...(in the olden days, hehe)

@bobbystahr....back in February, my It's still life stuff tablecloths there at the end....we tried to make "transluparency" after Hannes showed off his curtains in his room file share....hehe
Then you explained your balloon method with "add"....so I try a little of this and a lot of that....hoping....

BTW Shadows must be turned off for this bubbles object (just the object)  or you get icky dark spots....

bobbystahr

I did do an animated waterfall in Imagine3D before I figured out how to animate a texture but nothing I posted here. Thinking \now I may give that a try in Imagine with particles which IIRC can be converted to an object for export as a .lwo object.
Yeah, using the Glass shader you most often have to load as a separate object with shadows off.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Hannes

Great idea. Looks cool!

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Hannes on April 02, 2017, 08:54:27 AM
Great idea. Looks cool!

Thanks Hannes!
This is Dune's very generous rework of the statue, adding a column to the Hydra heads at the top and a base for the cherubs and coy. My little 4 banger PC can hardly handle this model it is so complex. Thanks again Dune.

Still playing in the water, just experimenting little by little. I pretty much have to work bounding box preview only now, so bear with me. :) I am sure learning how to use math to position....hehe

Oh yeah, added a little brass oxide, no reflection. Thank you very much!

bobbystahr

That's as good as I've seen and looking at my tests I saved I did mess around with glass for spray but no where near as successful as this though. One minor nit to pic is the water drops look over large to my eye.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New