Statues

Started by luvsmuzik, February 18, 2017, 11:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

A wall is SO simple to make. 2 minute setup, very basic, but you can expand on this of course!

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Dune on February 21, 2017, 03:38:08 AM
A wall is SO simple to make. 2 minute setup, very basic, but you can expand on this of course!

Thank you!

bobbystahr

That's a great solution Ulco...a bit different than the one you showed me how to make years back...better in fact; thanks for posting this answer.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Quote from: bobbystahr on February 21, 2017, 11:04:13 AM

That's a great solution Ulco...a bit different than the one you showed me how to make years back...better in fact; thanks for posting this answer.

This is working quite well! I know Ulco told me to do this cube displacement rather than a plane once before, but I did not even try it, thinking it was in the object count. I would have never figured the roundness part , however. (slaps self upside head...duh)
I am having a very busy week IRL, but hope to post an update on this file soon.

luvsmuzik

Added the cube wall. Thanks Ulco!
Image two: I will probably add a large tree to relate to scale
mhaze fake stone setup
Mr. Lampost bushes pack
Three Leaf Clover tgo
Hetzen cobbles tgc walk on a SSS with a PF for mossy look and very slight reflection

bobbystahr

Good progress, I only too well recall having to get by on 3 pops and you're creativity is hold you in good stead there. I like the scale of the tiles in the 2nd one but would pull back on the height as they appear inflated as in a balloon.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

I see you learned many things during my absence! Nice progress.
Bobby is right. But in general I like the second one very much!

luvsmuzik

Quote from: DocCharly65 on February 28, 2017, 04:22:59 AM
I see you learned many things during my absence! Nice progress.
Bobby is right. But in general I like the second one very much!
Thanks DocCharly65!

I think the new fountain pool size matches pretty well. Huge model so I split off the fragmented pool. I shall attempt to get some fancy scrolling on the pool, but for now the PF doesn't look too bad. Have to get some reference images.

Fontaine Louvois, Paris by HoangHiepVu is licensed under CC Attribution

luvsmuzik

So here is the before, hotel.
Hopefully the after will look much better. :)

This is to be a little park-plaza type area, surrounded by buildings.

luvsmuzik

A little progress and of course a question

Would the half moon shape deco at the top of each side windows texture with a mask, similar to how a flower petal does? I have unwrapped UVs and it is a separate object, grouped into the building. It has a sculpture texture that I cropped from my sample.

luvsmuzik

building continues

luvsmuzik

6 brick corners and a balcony  :)

This statue is symbolic of the 4 main rivers....
Mind spinning for the water spout possibilities...at least 20 of them, ha

luvsmuzik

Only 3 more buildings to go...

Dune

There's something weird about the fountain; on the basin edges... double polys? And the top bit floats. Can you share this object here? I'd love to have a go with it, but can't get it from the original site.
And how about texturing the buildings, will you do that still?

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Dune on March 22, 2017, 02:09:59 AM
There's something weird about the fountain; on the basin edges... double polys? And the top bit floats. Can you share this object here? I'd love to have a go with it, but can't get it from the original site.
And how about texturing the buildings, will you do that still?
http://r.sketchfab.com/lnk/AEAAIK_vsLoAAAAI0OcAAAAUbtAAAAAAACMAAAAAAAR5bABYzgCGX9qMa-E-TIiK0k72zWkx6gAEB8A/4/re3SJfdBImJo2jSuedp1Nw/aHR0cHM6Ly9za2V0Y2hmYWIuY29tL21vZGVscy9jNjQyMTU1ZmVkMmQ0NzkyYTJiNzk3YWUzOWYyMmViOT91dG1fc291cmNlPXRyaWdnZXJlZC1lbWFpbHMmdXRtX21lZGl1bT1lbWFpbCZ1dG1fY2FtcGFpZ249bW9kZWwtZG93bmxvYWRlZA

Try this link for download, if you cannot get it, I can try Dropbox. I am not sure if that violates license or not. I know it is Creative Commons for download, etc, etc....

The basin has a subdivision surface and a solidify modifier on it. I saw what you see with increased micro detail and AA....so back to the drawing board on that one.

The statue model is another scan and some parts are missing. That is why part of the column is missing there at the top fountain heads. I wasn't sure about adding something there as well. It took me forever to get all the vertices for deleting the basin fragments from the original. Your modeling program may handle it better, I am quite the novice.  :)

TG locks up on me in preview with this one so I have to just guess at some of it. Smooth shaded works okay. I am just blocking the scene in right now, based on an old early 1900s  bw post card.

My grandpa served in France, working the train stations, so therefore I am partial to these things. I have a small collection of cards he sent with the usual tourist stuff, but very nice cards. :)