Statues

Started by luvsmuzik, February 18, 2017, 11:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

You are right about that scale, Bobby. I have just used the same object four times , increasing or decreasing size according to the placement.  So the ideal method would be do individual sprays without stretching the drops too much. The initial drop particle sphere is miniscule, but one of the scaled sprays is incresed by 7...
It also depends on camera setting, I did a closeup shot here and for my scene it is an all inclusive plaza so final won't be real tight on the fountain...and the sunburst is adding, it is not a real sharp burst here either, just playing around with stuff..
At least it is a good start with a direction to go. Thanks for the help!

DocCharly65

The middle part looks already great. Amazing effects - go on... than can be a masterpiece :)

luvsmuzik

Quote from: DocCharly65 on April 04, 2017, 10:43:12 AM
The middle part looks already great. Amazing effects - go on... than can be a masterpiece :)
Thanks DocCharly! I have already made precise shapes for all levels now...but the problem bobby is seeing is the top of the lower skirt peeking through the base of the 4 Graces. So I get double bubble there...Hard to judge in blind preview, but I'm getting there. :)

luvsmuzik

Here we go again.
Could not open this file w/o help on the old unit. I had lost interest as I had to work just by coordinates as probably the sprays are memory hogs. These are new sprays scaled to each section and if necessary I can cut with a PF if they look too busy. I was able to render this much in about 25 minutes at 0.6 and 6AA. I have yet to add the hotel, so we shall see.

My trees....too green, will fix
Pool is 4 TG displaced cubes  :)...working on those too

To do: flowers, people, hotel....I have a period vehicle, which also may be why the old unit froze up....

Sure miss Doc Charly.

bobbystahr

Yeah I miss him too, he was always posting inspiring stuff. This is encouraging...I like this spray better.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Did you make the drops by a stones pop on an invisible shape? If so, you could stretch the stones to make them more like moving water. And have them rotate with the shape.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: bobbystahr on February 05, 2018, 02:36:39 AM
Yeah I miss him too, he was always posting inspiring stuff. This is encouraging...I like this spray better.

Thank you bobby.  :)  Yeah....I agree about the newer spray. I am forever testing stuff. I would like to do as you do, complete some nice scenes now that I can no longer say "my computer can't do that". btw, may I use your image as a desktop? If nothing else, it will encourage me to keep at this one.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Dune on February 05, 2018, 03:04:33 AM
Did you make the drops by a stones pop on an invisible shape? If so, you could stretch the stones to make them more like moving water. And have them rotate with the shape.

Do you mean like the old hemisphere target animations? In those you populate a starfield within an invisible sphere, then the stars can move revolving, when assigned to the axis of the sphere. I could do it that way. The reason I made it this way is due to the curve more like a bell. but a sphere and stones might work just fine too. I intend to get creative with some splashes if memory and TG can take it.

My concern atm is that the pool is supposed to be octagonal and that would be easy enough to make but can you do that with simple shape for the water?

bobbystahr

Make an octagonal mask in a paint program of your choice?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

You can give the simple shape any number of corners.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Dune on February 05, 2018, 11:52:17 AM

That's what I thought, now discerning the magical rotation angle for corner pieces to connect 8 equal sides with x width of 2....53 seems to be possible

luvsmuzik

round radius....0.3 may have to fudge that

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on February 05, 2018, 11:52:17 AM

D'oh...I knew that and used it...not enuff coffee
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

50 power fractal shaders later.....still a WIP

1 1/2 hr render 0.6 and 6 AA

bobbystahr

Happy to see the octagon pool back, much more in tune with the fountain...keep on tweakin
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New