Statues

Started by luvsmuzik, February 18, 2017, 11:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

Thanks bobbystahr. I am about ready to turn this back into the b/w postcard it started from. I tediously made the hotel with columns, trim on the columns (that doesn't even show!) Only to discover my material groupings did not take, so each column and ribbon with sphere....has to each have it's own fractal! The whole object is joined and impossible to edit. Even backup backup copies...hehe

I am very proud of sticking to the build, now up to 20 objects....imagine  :)
I shall have to do a few closeups for details, I cannot imagine being able to do a fly through this....six years later....it would be done.

luvsmuzik

the ever popular cube....patches facade
makes a walkway
makes a plaza
makes a bench or two

details details details.... :)

luvsmuzik

Render time 1 hour 0.6 mcd AA6

RSCoup

About 5 more simple buildings to make yet.

luvsmuzik

From the balcony....

luvsmuzik

grumble grumble grumble.......no texture on tree bark....

luvsmuzik

Paused on this one  for awhile as I am stuck on UV mapping simple cube buildings. My powerfractals are doing the one side okay and other side striped as if it was not unwrapped....I must have unwrapped the hotel before extrusions because it seems to not have that problem.
I tried to match roof styles and building fronts to early 1900, but a few look not detailed enough.

masonspappy grass from file sharing
Mr. Lampost's bush 6c and bush 3c
TG present wood anemone and Purple nettle

Fontaine Louis modified by Dune   
SketchFab Statue
Fontaine Louvois, Paris by HoangHiepVu is licensed under CC Attribution

RS coupe CGTraders

xoio people Miguel, Phillipe, Peter
from a collection at xoio
http://xoio-air.de/2017/3d-scanned-people-improved-version/

tulips me Blender
tree me Blender
pool me Blender

extensive use of painted shaders, simple shape shaders and TG cubes

12 hour render at 0.8 AA6  The fountain sprays are the time hog. :) 9000 little spheres , I will make new ones if I do more to this. The bell shape with just an opacity mask would probably do okay from a distance.

bobbystahr

Have you tried the Cubic option in PoseRay? In the UV tab
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Path tracing robust 0.6 MPD AA6 20 minute render
Trying some old files
Hetzen's cobble pattern tgc.
cosmos Dune
Three leaf clover patch tgo
bush 06c  tgo Mr. Lampost
fake stones mhaze

WIP for now tracking down objects from other pc..... :) 
Changed reflection highlight intensity on walk

Image 1 standard
Image 2 path tracing Edit Now a little closer to original objects

Oshyan

Hmm, why are the two renders completely different? Not really much of a comparison at that point. Or is one the original/older render?

- Oshyan

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Oshyan on October 09, 2018, 12:58:33 PM
Hmm, why are the two renders completely different? Not really much of a comparison at that point. Or is one the original/older render?

- Oshyan

Ooops! I evidently changed sun position since original render also. It was just an experiment for path tracing the foliage. cobblewithfrog3 is original standard render
I have also taken to heart advice about scaling and clumping of populations rather than fields of plantings for this type of setting. so it has changed in that way also.

luvsmuzik

Fixing stuff

Fixed the object shader situation, reducing shaders from 50 to twelve for the hotel. Now I can PF texture easily I hope.  :)
Used Blender 2.8, but saved file after each change. No crashes though.

sboerner

Looking good! UV mapping a shape like that is not easy. Reducing shaders from 50 to 12 is certainly a good thing, too. Much more manageable. Looking forward to seeing the final textured version.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: sboerner on January 30, 2019, 01:47:34 PM
Looking good! UV mapping a shape like that is not easy. Reducing shaders from 50 to 12 is certainly a good thing, too. Much more manageable. Looking forward to seeing the final textured version.
Thank you sboerner!

Fixed many errors in the whole file. My forever WIP.... :)