Is there a MAXIMUM render size?

Started by cyphyr, February 24, 2017, 11:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Oshyan

I believe Matt is talking about actually starting the Terragen application with the -cropoutput "flag" or "commandline argument". You can add it by creating a shortcut to tgd.exe or tgdcli.exe and in the shortcut properties, you just add the -cropoutput after the executable name (outside of the quotes) in the "target" field.

- Oshyan

penboack

It would be useful to have a crop option that rendered the crop region blown up to the render size defined in the render node, as this would provide a means of zooming in on the detail in a region without having to render a very large image most of which is black pixels.

For example if the render node image width was 800 and the image heigh 450 then with a crop size of (0, 0.25, 0, 0.25) the render would be zoomed or blown up so that the crop region was effectively that from an image size of 3200 x 1800.

I hope that makes sense.

Dune

But that would mean that the crop ratio needs to be similar to the render ratio, I'd say. And it needs to be very clear in a prerender tab, or you might end up with huge render(times).

If you do a series of frames of croprenders (with _cropoutput working), would you need to use a GIcache? I guess that would be best, or it would calculate a new GI for every crop, which may not stitch together nicely. And I also guess that if you use a GIcache, you don't really need overlap, but crops will fit pixel to pixel (if you sue nicely divided crops of course).
And what about the post stuff like GISD and lens artifacts, will they fit together nicely?

The shortcut addition works fine, btw, so thanks Oshyan.