Urban jungle

Started by Hannes, February 28, 2017, 09:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

Cooool Hannes. What version of 3DS Max do you have?

- Oshyan

Hannes

Thanks Oshyan! I have 2010.

Oshyan

Ah, ok. Just curious if newer Max versions handle big geometry better. Your comments are pleasing but a little surprising these days. :)

- Oshyan

dorianvan

Great image Hannes! Versions after 2014 are way more stable for handling geometry and layers - according to my friend who made it that way :)
-Dorian

Hannes

Thanks again! Surprising these days? What do you mean, Oshyan?

bobbystahr

Speaking of max, does anyone know of a decent converter for ,fbx? A lot of cool stuff out there in .fbx format.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

Quote from: Hannes on March 01, 2017, 09:00:23 PM

I just mean that I would expect Max's capabilities with large geometry counts to improve over time since the actual demands of content creation are increasingly high-polygon.

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on March 02, 2017, 01:51:42 AM
Quote from: Hannes on March 01, 2017, 09:00:23 PM

I just mean that I would expect Max's capabilities with large geometry counts to improve over time since the actual demands of content creation are increasingly high-polygon.

- Oshyan

Indeed I'd have expected that, but TG sets the bar high.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

inkydigit

great render... Triffids indeed!

luvsmuzik

Quote from: bobbystahr on March 01, 2017, 10:09:03 PM
Speaking of max, does anyone know of a decent converter for ,fbx? A lot of cool stuff out there in .fbx format.

Blender imports fbx. I forget which model I converted, but I was able to do it in Blender, export as obj. then run through Poseray.

Hannes

- Oshyan

Ah, I see. Of course, if I would use bounding boxes in the preview for example in Max, it would respond faster, but I wouldn't see what I'm doing.
However, I think the handling of models in TG is simply clever.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on March 02, 2017, 09:43:09 AM

- Oshyan

Ah, I see. Of course, if I would use bounding boxes in the preview for example in Max, it would respond faster, but I wouldn't see what I'm doing.
However, I think the handling of models in TG is simply clever.

For sure, even on this 8G RAM dell it loads incredibly huge pops without a complaint and I've loaded some quite huge models on this clunker as well...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

TheBadger

hannes, fleetwood

I like that OP and the fleetwood image connection very much  8)
It has been eaten.