Another shrub tested

Started by Dune, March 02, 2017, 02:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

The only Alma I know is a Filipino woman.
Ours performed in the circus with the parents of Harry James and little Harry :)

Dune

archonforest

This is very cool. That sky is fantastic!!
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Dune

Thanks. Original took 8 hours (0.7,AA7), due to V3 cloud and soft shadows and smooth reflections, and perhaps also because the mist extended under water half a meter. I should have avoided that.
Some explanatory notes for those interested: island mask painted in PS 16-bit, raised 20m, added big fake stones after a compute normal and XYZ, then some inward displacement by PF, and some more fake stones with max altitude. Wall and stairs and building made yesterday in LW. Water lilies procedural, masked by some paintted shader patches. My (shared) grass and 1 type of shrub, and the Italian cypress. Hole in cloud for 'spotlight' on island burned in clouds by circular image mask and camera poiting at the sun.
Statue from Benjamin Bardou's scan.

DocCharly65

Impressive!

And a big compliment for your paintings!

bobbystahr

Whew, pretty great massive-ness....a great romantic/surreal scene.once again totally awesome..almost Maxfield Parrish on drugs..like a lot....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

zaxxon

That is wonderful Ulco! A deep piece with many possible meanings for the viewer to explore. Your technical mastery of TG at this point allows this kind of artistic statement. Poetic and mysterious, bravo!

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Jo Kariboo

Beautifull, who comes from a dream !!!

luvsmuzik

Procedural lily pads! What a mind, thanks for the explanations! I really like the clouds in full size render!
I am assuming you made the funky little base for your statues? Nice!

otakar

Wait! This is a TG render? No way!!! Looks like a painting to me. This just blows me away...

Ok, I picked myself up off the floor...

The rocks, the sky, the matching structures, the water, the mist... That's just too much. Instantly my #1 render and I will need to print this out and put up here on the wall to just stare at :)

BTW, the thread title cracks me up. "Another set of mindblowing Dune renders put together in a spare moment.." LOL!

cyphyr

Is this the "Island of Dr. Moreau" ?
Great reender, very atmospheric ...
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Dune

Thanks a lot. It's not really that artistic, as it's loosely based on this painting, which I greatly admire (watch it closely in hires, while listening to The End by the Doors....). But I was thinking of doing some series of more painterly stuff and perhaps offer them as prints. That's why I don't post full size (sorry).

archonforest

Quote from: Dune on March 17, 2017, 09:47:32 AM
Thanks a lot. It's not really that artistic, as it's loosely based on this painting, which I greatly admire (watch it closely in hires, while listening to The End by the Doors....). But I was thinking of doing some series of more painterly stuff and perhaps offer them as prints. That's why I don't post full size (sorry).

WOW! Jaw dropping panting here. Just love it...
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd