Previous topic - Next topic

inkydigit

another simple scene...
:)

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

luvsmuzik

I really like this image, but I am wondering something about a topic recently discussed elsewhere.
I downloaded this image and ran it through an image filter, bringing the foreground color up while leaving the beautiful sky and burst. Can this effect be achieved with a DOF render or another method?

The reason being that I ask. Your rocks and veggies are so great, I hate to see them lost is the glare. it could be my monitor as it is not HD. In that case, I do not know why I question. ;D

Jo Kariboo

Perhaps a simple scene but the sky is nice and it is well executed!  :)

DocCharly65

Maybe simple but nice and peaceful mood! Like +1 :)

Dune

It's all about the sky, and it's great.

Hannes

inkydigit

Hey, thanks all!
I kept the post work to a minimum, as it was difficult to keep the glare just right, the camera exposure is compensated in Tg, but mainly from a naturalistic point... I wanted to keep it as natural as possible, I.e. Photorealistic....
I do enjoy photo editing but not all images!
For fun though, here is a very quick edit done in snapseed on my iPad .... I used the downloaded jpeg rather than the original 16bit tiff.
It's a bit over the top, but at least you get a bit more foreground visible! :))
Cheers
Jason

Quote from: luvsmuzik on March 02, 2017, 08:35:36 AM
I really like this image, but I am wondering something about a topic recently discussed elsewhere.
I downloaded this image and ran it through an image filter, bringing the foreground color up while leaving the beautiful sky and burst. Can this effect be achieved with a DOF render or another method?

The reason being that I ask. Your rocks and veggies are so great, I hate to see them lost is the glare. it could be my monitor as it is not HD. In that case, I do not know why I question. ;D

bobbystahr

Nice, I like that last tweak man...that really worked well, shows the foreground rocky stuff much better.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

zaxxon

That does it! terrific image.

Dune

Well, may I disagree? I prefer the first as more natural, as with a strong headlight as this, you wouldn't be able to see much detail directly underneath the sun. Furthermore, I like the 'mystery' that comes with the vagueness of the areas on the front ground and hills.
I do think some more 'life' would enhance the render.
But the sky is still a beauty.

DocCharly65

I will find the right mood to like both   :)
The first one is more mysterious.
The second one is more hopeful.

Both great!