Mountains & Sky

Started by Ethrieltd, March 09, 2017, 10:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethrieltd

First landscape using Terrapainter with Terragen erosion. Sky is a modified clipfile made from one of the Dutch Marine Atmospheres from NWDA.

luvsmuzik

That is a great first! Beautiful sky too.
I hope to see some progress on this.

bobbystahr

This is really nice, was the erosion TG's native or did you use the Daniil plugin?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Ethrieltd

Quote from: bobbystahr on March 10, 2017, 12:26:07 PM
This is really nice, was the erosion TG's native or did you use the Daniil plugin?

Was the native one. I only really used it because the file (hamfistedly created in Terrapainter) looked a bit generic out of the box. I was looking for an alternative to creating simple heightfields with World Machine, which I've found overly complex for simple rock stacks, etc. I just used the slope brush and some noise in Terrapainter to create the stacks and eroded them in Terragen.

...maybe a 3 way Terrapainter > World Machine > Terragen might allow for greater control over the final stack look...

bobbystahr

Quote from: Ethrieltd on March 10, 2017, 02:26:25 PM
Quote from: bobbystahr on March 10, 2017, 12:26:07 PM

...maybe a 3 way Terrapainter > World Machine > Terragen might allow for greater control over the final stack look...

If you do a very featureless terrain Daniil's plug in works quite well but you'd lose any intentional placement of the stacks as the plugin sorta starts fresh off your supplied geometry.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist