They found the clover

Started by luvsmuzik, March 10, 2017, 08:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

I found a free horse model at CGtraders.com
Sycamore tree tgo file share....Thanks Mark!
Wheat tgo file share...AP?

I tried a lot of stuff here
Heavy atmo, increased GI and sunlight with a yellow cast light, soft shadows,
SSS for path
Reworked the horse to add it to the cart from Eliss (file share)
Do not laugh at my free standing horse...I am attempting to sculpt. I could make money at glutus maximus enhancement obviously. I think I may have to back off a little on adding detail there.

Many of my renders have mysterious patches Dune, but it has nothing to do with planning :)

Dune

bobbystahr

Nice one, do you ever use the Fractal Warp with your SS shader for a less than straight path, I've started coupling them together as a matter of course lately to good effect which I'll post if my Corsair ever gets over it's tendency to BSOD 1/2 way through a final render. Tech coming tomorrow, he promised.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Thanks bobby!

I have tried this now and with a little ingenue, I figured out in Dune's simple road setup:
Simple road
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,18887.msg183955.html#msg183955

If there is a left verge, I will make a right verge to match, haha
Image shows each almost overlapping right and left verges to make that center area more dominant, emphasizing the ruts for the cart wheels.

I also found your link for the grid mile road. I assume this is real world scale?
grid mile road
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,19489.msg191446.html#msg191446

I will work more with this, I just wanted to reply.

Dune

This is a very cool road, good to work on it to perfection.

bobbystahr

nice work on the road, and I've no idea if that grid road is to scale. Was early experimenting. Best I can suggest is to set it up and measure the results.

Just set up a test on the other box so it's difficult to share and I can't recall but, if the mask I uploaded is called Mask, but if so the road is approx 8 m wide at the default map size of 1024x1024, not the 500x500 it defaults to and the length of the center square is approx. 390 m.squared. If it's Fat Mask it's 4 times as wide, same length I believe.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on March 11, 2017, 10:19:42 AM
Thanks bobby!
I will work more with this, I just wanted to reply.

Try this, put the image map anywhere you can find it and just re-path it in TG4, couldn't upload a ,tif so converted to .jpg...woeks the same.
At the default load you will have a road 8 m. wide and approx 1/2 Km long, sorta like the 1/4 section roads in the prairies
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Okay, maybe what I did wrong the first time was import a tiff as terrain. I made a b/w grid like yours but went about it a different way.  :-\
I see there are a few ways to do things. :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on March 12, 2017, 04:27:20 PM
Okay, maybe what I did wrong the first time was import a tiff as terrain. I made a b/w grid like yours but went about it a different way.  :-\
I see there are a few ways to do things. :)

In TG there are many. I made the original grid in TG with simple shapes in white (w black ground) each one 8m wide and rendered in ortho so  I'd have no distortion and then took it into PhSh and made the .tif I actually use and scaled the map till it measured 8 m wide, then displace a tiny amt. in the Surface shader with the same map. It seemed simpler to just do it all in the Shader stack althogh I usually do it in the Terrain
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Spike grazing in the breeze.....mane and tail done in Sculptfab
Experimental bloom
Tgo Wheat3 thank you for the share

luvsmuzik

A little bloom, a little burst, a little haze

Edit: a little softer

masonspappy

Nice Sunburst. This is a nit but perhaps move the sun to the left or right  Side of the image?

luvsmuzik

Quote from: masonspappy on March 15, 2017, 01:24:21 PM
Nice Sunburst. This is a nit but perhaps move the sun to the left or right  Side of the image?
Thanks masonspappy!
Yes, I will probably move it, I was trying a little triangulation....hehe

luvsmuzik

Spike isn't taking to the rig, but maybe Rowdy or Frisky will pull the cart. Bowerboy render in Blender

IK rig in Blender 2.78 without targets.

luvsmuzik

Still working with the generous cart file share by Beliss.

Miguel must rise early to avoid the heat.
http://xoio-air.de/2017/3d-scanned-people-improved-version/

Some atmo bloom and Dune's simple road set up using simple shapes.