Shiva Monument

Started by bobbystahr, March 12, 2017, 03:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

This is another nice model from SketchFab, some pillars by moleman I approved back in my freestuff Mod daze, Dune's lovely Cypress and grass, Walli's bush. I used hannes bronze on the Shiva body, the other textures came with it.
Dancing Shiva statue by Guillermo is licensed under CC Attribution
Just having fun checking this out again.C&C as always, welcome.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

I would turn the pillars so they don't all look the same (which they are). Around and [perhaps even upside down. And some procedural changes.

bobbystahr

Yup they were a test a getting a nice circle pop with a SS shade. I used Stroke and made my white circumference line very narrow and they seem to stick to it well.  was mostly trying to not crash the Corsair,my first attempt rendered and then went all greyed out Not Responding and asked me to close it. Too many trees as it didn't blink once I cut down the amount of em'. Tomorrow when I'm awake I'll have a pleasant morning tweaking the circle and I think adding another grass pop.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Nice start  :)
I personally would prefer the statue in a mountainous landscape but I trustfully wait what you'll do next  :)

bobbystahr

Taking heed of Dune's advice on the pillars and they show better at this size I'm glad I did. Made the statue larger and added some procedural tex and displacement to the center Shiva pillar. Also made it Displaceable as it's not part of the Pop and I could access it easily.
Adding accreditation again just to be nice
Dancing Shiva statue by Guillermo is licensed under CC Attribution.....from SketchFab
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

archonforest

Great changes here!
Bobby that Cypress is a free obj? Or Nwda?
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Quote from: archonforest on March 13, 2017, 10:21:23 AM
Great changes here!
Bobby that Cypress is a free obj? Or Nwda?

Thanks Atilla..Dune gave it to me/us when I was doing my first Swamp render I do believe so who knows, heh heh

http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,8773.15.html

I was right but they were a time limited dl...but they are at NWDA I do believe
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

archonforest

Yeah I remember that but for some reason the tree u have in this render just looks different. 
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Quote from: archonforest on March 13, 2017, 10:59:26 AM
Yeah I remember that but for some reason the tree u have in this render just looks different. 

Nope same one as I have found no others I can "afford"
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New