3D preview in New Window on MAC

Started by Jo Kariboo, March 12, 2017, 11:48:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo Kariboo

No idea if this has been reported to you in the past, but the function that allowed to have a second preview window still does not work with TG4 on Mac, at least not with me. This function is very convenient for the precise arrangement of vegetation object etc. With TG3 and earlier versions it worked very well.
Thank you for reading this message.  :D

Pierre

Oshyan

This is intentional, we had to remove the 3D Preview in New Window functionality due to the introduction of ray-traced preview (RTP). We will bring back this feature as soon as possible.

- Oshyan

Jo Kariboo

Quote from: Oshyan on March 12, 2017, 01:38:59 pm
This is intentional, we had to remove the 3D Preview in New Window functionality due to the introduction of ray-traced preview (RTP). We will bring back this feature as soon as possible.

- Oshyan


Thank you Oshyan for your reply!

Jo Kariboo

February 07, 2018, 12:41:21 am #3 Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 12:43:31 am by Jo Kariboo
Quote from: Jo Kariboo on March 12, 2017, 11:48:08 am
No idea if this has been reported to you in the past, but the function that allowed to have a second preview window still does not work with TG4 on Mac, at least not with me. This function is very convenient for the precise arrangement of vegetation object etc. With TG3 and earlier versions it worked very well.
Thank you for reading this message.  :D

Pierre


Hi again,
I can't wait to be able to use this control.  ???

sboerner

I had missed this, too, and thought it had been left out as an oversight. Found this workaround: Right click on node network panel, select "Open in New Window." Right click on the new window, select "Open New 3D Preview in Tab."

There doesn't seem to be any RTP functionality in the new window. But, like you, I use the second window to help with object placement so it's not a problem.

Oshyan

It is intentionally removed/disabled due to issues with using multiple RTP windows. The workaround you found apparently avoids that. ;)

- Oshyan

Jo Kariboo

Quote from: sboerner on February 12, 2018, 10:58:43 am
I had missed this, too, and thought it had been left out as an oversight. Found this workaround: Right click on node network panel, select "Open in New Window." Right click on the new window, select "Open New 3D Preview in Tab."

There doesn't seem to be any RTP functionality in the new window. But, like you, I use the second window to help with object placement so it's not a problem.


Hi sboerner!
Thank you for sharing your request, I appreciate very much.  :)

sboerner

QuoteIt is intentionally removed/disabled due to issues with using multiple RTP windows. The workaround you found apparently avoids that.


Thanks for the clarification, Oshyan. Please don't fix the workaround!  :) It's a good way to divide work over two screens and I use it a lot.

QuoteThank you for sharing your request, I appreciate very much.


You're very welcome!

Jo Kariboo

Quote from: Oshyan on March 12, 2017, 01:38:59 pm
This is intentional, we had to remove the 3D Preview in New Window functionality due to the introduction of ray-traced preview (RTP). We will bring back this feature as soon as possible.

- Oshyan


Ok it will not be for tomorrow, it's almost a year!  :P