Nautilus and the happy Little Shark

Started by bobbystahr, April 18, 2017, 06:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

So. in a serendipity loop I found firstly, The Dandel0 Libraries, then the Atlantis ruins and the Nautilus in that order and as in Library 2 there's dandel0's underwater setup which I had always meant to but for forgot to investigate; so the scene kinda made itself with a Lightning seaweed 03 tgo and one of AP's mosses.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on April 19, 2017, 04:26:14 PM
Love this. Great Nautilus model, is it rigged?

Thanks and sorry, no...and no texture either. I just U/Ved it in PoseRay and stuck a hull map on it. Don't even recall where I got it now but Mr Google likely told me where it was.heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Nice render bobby!

Could you try a bit with DoF? that could improve the picture especially if the shark would be closer and quite blurry.

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on April 21, 2017, 09:41:23 AM
Nice render bobby!

Could you try a bit with DoF? that could improve the picture especially if the shark would be closer and quite blurry.

Good idea, Last time I used the shark it was deeper in the background and being more unfocussed made it more ominous.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Well I spent the better part of today trying to set this up with DoF but the seaweed keeps throwing up a plant right in front of the camera which is never visible in the 3D preview window so I never know until  the prescan. Putting this to rest/bed as is....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Hannes

Very nice, Bobby. Agree with Nils, and may I suggest to use the Cubic B spline (soft) AA filter to make it look less sharp.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on April 22, 2017, 06:35:09 AM
Very nice, Bobby. Agree with Nils, and may I suggest to use the Cubic B spline (soft) AA filter to make it look less sharp.

I would if I could but get rid of the seaweed showing up in front of the camera. Even tried a SS shader mask in the camera area and still they show up in the render but not in the 3D preview. Letting it reast or may start it over....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oshyan

The RTP should show any plants and other geometry that the full render does. If you can't use the RTP or don't want to, you probably just need to adjust the clipping distance of your 3D preview. Use the [ key a few times...

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on April 22, 2017, 11:08:03 PM
The RTP should show any plants and other geometry that the full render does. If you can't use the RTP or don't want to, you probably just need to adjust the clipping distance of your 3D preview. Use the [ key a few times...

- Oshyan

D'oh, I knew that as it's come up before but had a brain cramp. Thanks for the push on my memory Oshyan.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Ogre

Bobby

That is probably my Nautilus model. Let me know if you need anything for it and I can post it.

Chris
"If you find me feeding daisies
please turn my face up to the sky and leave me be watching the moon roll by.
What ever I was it was all because I've been on the town washing the BS down."

-Gordon Lightfoot

bobbystahr

Quote from: Ogre on May 06, 2017, 09:31:48 AM
Bobby

That is probably my Nautilus model. Let me know if you need anything for it and I can post it.

Chris

Good to know Chris, I prefer if I can credit the artist...it came untextured and I've no idea where from but I would be over the moon if you could share your complete textured model. I would likely re do this image in that case.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Ogre

Bobby

I believe this is the original file I uploaded to Ashunder back in '07.  I haven't Terragened in a few years so not sure how it works in the current version.  Let me know if you have any issues and I will take a look.  The file was too large for putting here so I linked it to my DropBox account

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7vc72476xbiwp2/Nautilus.zip?dl=0

Chris

[attachimg=1]
"If you find me feeding daisies
please turn my face up to the sky and leave me be watching the moon roll by.
What ever I was it was all because I've been on the town washing the BS down."

-Gordon Lightfoot

bobbystahr

Quote from: Ogre on May 13, 2017, 08:32:45 PM
Bobby

I believe this is the original file I uploaded to Ashunder back in '07.  I haven't Terragened in a few years so not sure how it works in the current version.  Let me know if you have any issues and I will take a look.  The file was too large for putting here so I linked it to my DropBox account

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7vc72476xbiwp2/Nautilus.zip?dl=0

Chris

[attachimg=1]

Thanks Chris, that was efficient...I really like DropBox...will check it out maybe tomorrow as I'm doing a major water scene thing that I gotta work out first.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New