New Poolhouse Shots

Started by DocCharly65, March 13, 2017, 04:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

The effect is really good. So there's another sun behind the moon? And an atmo around the moon/planet as well?

DocCharly65

Thanks Ulco :)

The moon is just an object about 50.000 high without atmosphere.
Sun is behind the moon for the correct scene illumination (direction).
Moon is additionally lit by a spotlight to get the half moon (fortunately I got no illumination effect of the sun onto the moon object).

In another scene (directly at the pool) I had to place the sun above the moon outside the picture to avoid atmospheric glow and shadows of the moon. But here is was not necessary because anyway the trees are almost black shadows themselves.

DocCharly65

Here you can see how the column looks lit by the moon but in reality it's a sun with 0.1 strength outside the picture:

[attach=1]

If you look close and carefully you can see that the shadows are a bit too steep as to be caused by the moon  ;)

Additionally I had to animate the filter effects themselves too to avoid trouble with the lantern, which appears at the right bottom 200-300 frames later. Looks ok so far... main job now is waiting :)

Dune

Thanks for explaining. Just don't tell people about the shadows  :P And, yes, it sometimes takes ingenuity to get an effect you're after. Lots of tools to play with, though.

bobbystahr

Well thought out man...still searching for my microphone...if I had a mac you'd have that dialogue already but I've misplaced or loaned out my recording mic...putting a push on finding it this weekend.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist