Masking on vertical surfaces

Started by mhaze, March 14, 2017, 05:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

Does anybody know a simple way of masking on vertical surfaces.  I want to having a controlled method of masking rock displacements.

René

You could use a power fractal that goes through a Warp merge shader with 'use world space' checked, or use the Painted shader.

bobbystahr

Quote from: mhaze on March 14, 2017, 05:56:26 AM
Does anybody know a simple way of masking on vertical surfaces.  I want to having a controlled method of masking rock displacements.

I've used an Image map through a Transform shader and rotate 90 degrees on the X to get the map to stand up. I also get the location for this masking by right clicking the terrain and pasting that into the shader's location box.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

Use Through Camera Projection or one of the side projection options in the Image Map Shader (X or Z, not Y), or a Painted Shader in 3D mode.

- Oshyan

mhaze

Cheers all - thought I might have to go down the image map route.  Maybe the painted shader? more experiments to keep me occupied!  I've not tried Rene's idea, sounds interesting will have to play with that too.

luvsmuzik

Heh, as we speak, trying to put a population in the cracks of your fantastic Columnar Rock share...I know you will get this one!

mhaze