Felt guilty...

Started by bobbystahr, March 17, 2017, 03:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

...about having such an awesome program and not using it so I set up an old project I'd been meaning to do in portrait rather than typical landscape...and practiced the newer songs for an hour after hitting render.
And the Corsair came thru in fine fashion at 47min52sec. C&C as always welcome.

Dunes cypress' and an online find in the lo-res castle appropriately distant. The Fantasy Airship is from rendo freestuff IIRC. Pilot from a bunch of lo res came characters I found for free. Can't remember where but I could find out and post a link; but unless they're used like the captain is here they look silly with their arms out at that angle.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

archonforest

This is pretty cool one bobby! ;)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Thanks man...the model really makes it so in my opinion.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Great render and time is awesome with atmo and any clouds. Love the texturing on the balloon too, good job!

masonspappy

fleetwood

Looks good, like the format.  (niggle - castle scale and tree drop off next to it ?) 

bobbystahr

Quote from: fleetwood on March 17, 2017, 07:33:21 PM
Looks good, like the format.  (niggle - castle scale and tree drop off next to it ?) 

Thanks, I like it as well, may use it more often, and I get that but the castle is very lo res so I just wanted a vague impression of it, and the trees are actually in scale to the castle when I zoom to the castle so that's an optional delusion I fear...I see the pop didn't go far enough to the left perhaps, maybe I'll fix that.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Very cool render, Bobby. Perhaps you could enhance the forest with some more species, or some open spaces with young trees, and some fallen trees (editor), and you could try a flame in the balloon (as a nice challenge).

Kevin F

I really like this Bobby. You're work is getting better and better all the time.
I love the pov in this pic. Very original.

DannyG

Great mood Bobby, lighting & mist are spot on
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

bobbystahr

Thanks all.
Well I felt inspired and set a render up when I got home from a gig last night; closer in PoV with a Castle that bears viewing by my friend Rodluc.
It's closer in on the castle and only one species of tree in front of/around the castle as I wasn't sure and just wanted to see. Well after 6 hours asleep I woke up to find it at maybe 25% done..Guess I shouldn't have stepped on the AA so much. That last image was at Detail.2 AA 2 and looked actually quite nice so I may cancel this one out and reset that AA and Detail stuff back to where I had it.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Great, Bobby!

I can't add anything to what Ulco said. The rest is beautiful and fascinating and doesn't need any changes in my eyes :)

bobbystahr

Thanks Nils..doing a new lower res image atm that I hope to see today heh heh..I will also revisit the original view with Ulco's suggestions applied.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New