Aurora Borealis

Started by sjefen, March 20, 2017, 06:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjefen

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on March 27, 2017, 04:34:44 PM
Great to see you're back Terje :)
Can't wait to see your final render!
In case you want to get rid of your aurora lighting up surfaces you can disable "enable secondary" in your cloud layer, but be aware that it will affect its behavior in the atmosphere as well.

I actually want it to light up the surfaces. That's why I added a light source for it 😉
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Tangled-Universe

Haha oh sorry, misunderstood that!

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on March 27, 2017, 12:15:22 PM
the latter wall I rendered myself.

Now that must have been an exercise in patience..I link folks to that when they want to see what TG is capable of....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

sjefen

I have a question.

When I was going to send my scene to Pixel Plow, I used the "gather scene" option in Terragen and put it in a folder of its own.
The problem is that Terragen can't load my obj. files after  this is done for this scene. Anyone know what to to about this?

I can post a screenshot of the warnings when I get back home.

- Terje

128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

bobbystahr

Quote from: sjefen on March 29, 2017, 11:02:43 AM
I have a question.

I can post a screenshot of the warnings when I get back home.

- Terje

that might be best practice.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

sjefen

I get this warning, but I don't really understand what the problem is. I've tried pointing Terragen to the new "Project Assets" folder it created, but I
can't get rid of this warning.

- Terje

128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

DannyG

Quote from: sjefen on March 29, 2017, 05:01:40 PM
I get this warning, but I don't really understand what the problem is. I've tried pointing Terragen to the new "Project Assets" folder it created, but I
can't get rid of this warning.

- Terje

Are you loading this from the library? If so load it from the menu Objects tab instead. The library has some known issues loading objs.

Never mind I see you are prepping for Pixel Plow, A Gathered project. Something must be incorrect with your path or the file as gotten corrupt somehow
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

bobbystahr

I get that warning with many .obj files, many from XFROG and almost all from other sources. I think it's a TG problem remembering it's loaded because these objects most often load properly textured...just what I've noticed in my stuff.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Are you opening the gathered .tgd? Try doing that from the Folder/Directory if you aren't already.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

sjefen

Quote from: bobbystahr on March 29, 2017, 06:18:20 PM
I get that warning with many .obj files, many from XFROG and almost all from other sources. I think it's a TG problem remembering it's loaded because these objects most often load properly textured...just what I've noticed in my stuff.

Everything works fine on my computer, even with those warnings, but it didn't when I sent it to Pixel Plow. Wasted some money on that huge image. Anyone know how I could fix this?

- Terje

128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

bobbystahr

Oh I see, worked fine locally but not remotely...will follow this, seems like a bug.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

maybe save the .obj files as .tgo and use them instead as a temporary fix? You could send the gathered project to one of us to test and not waste more money if it doesn't work.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

sjefen

But there are some other objects in the scene that are tgo. files. They didn't get rendered either.
I watched the video tutorial from Oshyan to make sure I did this correctly.

I've attached another image of how the folder I sent to Pixel Plow looks like in case there is something wrong there.

128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

bobbystahr

Hopefully Oshyan can sort this out then because that looks fine to me.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oshyan

So what exactly happened when sending it to Pixel Plow? It did render it, but without the objects?

- Oshyan