My name is Bond...

Started by archonforest, March 24, 2017, 05:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archonforest

Low res teaser  8)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

archonforest

Several people asked me where is the next train picture. And when I make one I got no comments... :P
If its crap u should also tell me so I learn something. Anyway... :D

bobbystahr

Sorry was offline playing music...I like this PoV man. Would be a great opening scene for an animation where the camera zooms down and sits on the train as it goes through the mountains.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

...and I was at the pool (working - not having a bath  ;) )

Cool idea!
Perhaps you can put some motion blur to the train? (I don't now if it works but if you animate the train and render a still shot?

Dune

There's a lack of comments anyway (I regularly think it's getting to a point of zero posting  :-\ ). 
Anyway, I like this. In higher resolution you'd see the tracks better too. You might zoom in a little more (get lower) and give the camera a slight angle to get more depth in the train, making it visually go faster. Did you manage the dirt?
@Nils: I don't think (fairly sure, actually) that wouldn't work as we only have camera blur. But it would be great if that could work for a lot of objects. Perhaps if you move/animate the camera and the terrain and all, except the train in a similar way, then you can blur the train.

archonforest

Tku guys.

I am planning to get some motion blur but I will do that post. Dune the dirt is on the train cars. You can see black discoloration on top of the train cars. On the engine it is not that visible. I have to dirt way more the top of the engine.

DannyG

Big fan of the ortho view here. Ecosystem is well done. I agree with Ulco to perhaps lower the camera a bit, also I think diffusing the trains UV maps would help, they are a bit bright.
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

archonforest

Quote from: Danny on March 26, 2017, 08:06:20 AM
Big fan of the ortho view here. Ecosystem is well done. I agree with Ulco to perhaps lower the camera a bit, also I think diffusing the trains UV maps would help, they are a bit bright.

Tku Danny. Can u explain how u diffusing the UV map?

Dune

Take the color image texture that goes onto the train and haul it through photoshop to desaturate the colors, save as separate tif/jpg and reimport that into the object. If the colors are separate parts with a plain color, just decrease those color's saturations in the respective default shaders.

archonforest

Quote from: Dune on March 27, 2017, 02:27:41 AM
Take the color image texture that goes onto the train and haul it through photoshop to desaturate the colors, save as separate tif/jpg and reimport that into the object. If the colors are separate parts with a plain color, just decrease those color's saturations in the respective default shaders.

Ohh got it. I have just simple colors and in my country the train cars looks pretty much like this.  I had a different idea in mind when I read "diffuse".
Thx Dune for the explanation. I am soon done with the render. Just putting some details here and there to make it more real.

archonforest

Quote from: luvsmuzik on March 27, 2017, 03:00:41 PM
Here is a link you might like.
https://hiveminer.com/Tags/diesel,soviet

Waiting for Bond to appear ....

Tku for the link!
Bond jumped of the train but u will see him around.... if I put enough AA on the render hehe....
Anycow its coming soon.

Hannes

To my taste the train is a bit oversaturated. And in my opinion there should be some brighter dirt. Like a subtle dust cover. Otherwise great idea!

archonforest

Quote from: Hannes on March 27, 2017, 03:53:20 PM
To my taste the train is a bit oversaturated. And in my opinion there should be some brighter dirt. Like a subtle dust cover. Otherwise great idea!

Yeah okay...seems that I will have to loose up the blue...you are the 2nd person who says that hehehe... so I will see tmrw.

archonforest

OKay folks here is the final one for now. I will make some more shots from diff angles but those will not make it to here.

Forgot to mention that Bond is from xoio. Big thx for them for that.