Phillipe (we'll call him Phil) was Not Happy

Started by bobbystahr, March 26, 2017, 02:38:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

Usually I don't nitpick but this scene is so nice that a little improvement would be nice:
The stones on the shore could need a bit color variation (through a powerfractal e.g.)?

But anyway a very beautiful scene!

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on April 05, 2017, 05:53:34 PM
Usually I don't nitpick but this scene is so nice that a little improvement would be nice:
The stones on the shore could need a bit color variation (through a powerfractal e.g.)?

But anyway a very beautiful scene!

Yeah, once the full render was done I started thinking that myself...maybe I'll set it on over nite render as I've a ton of 2D stuff that needs attention in the daytime and it help with the bills.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

No problem Bobby - take as much time as you need. I have so many open projects, too...  :)

bobbystahr

well that's much better, added a conifer pop as well
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

This is great! The new softness of color on the beach looks fantastic too.

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on April 10, 2017, 10:37:55 AM
This is great! The new softness of color on the beach looks fantastic too.

Thanks very much.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DannyG

I am not liking the Adobe style house doesn't seem to settle in for me at least. Bobby I know you have tons of houses, I would swap that one out for something more Alpine/lodgy looking. One other tweak would be adding forced displacement to Walli's Noble One. That model really takes the displacement well. Nice set Bobby
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

bobbystahr

Quote from: Danny on April 11, 2017, 12:54:20 PM
I am not liking the Adobe style house doesn't seem to settle in for me at least. Bobby I know you have tons of houses, I would swap that one out for something more Alpine/lodgy looking. One other tweak would be adding forced displacement to Walli's Noble One. That model really takes the displacement well. Nice set Bobby

I kinda agree Danny but that house started the community as it were. I was testing it (the original point of the image) and am kinda loathe to replace it, plus have a bunch of 2D art that needs doing; I seem to be in poster season for touring singer/songwiters. I got 3 orders for blank dater and place gig posters just this week. Plus music herself is pulling me as I  was just gifted the guitar in the attached pic and it's a dream come true that I didn't know I was dreaming. But I'll take that suggestion for when I load the scene as I know the perfect cabin for there.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: j meyer on April 11, 2017, 01:42:44 PM
:) Cool gift.
Now make her sing.

Indeed, no stopping now, cutting into my TG time for sure.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: Danny on April 11, 2017, 12:54:20 PM

Thanks for urging the replacement with a more in character cottage...I totally forgot to do the tree but tested it and from that angle and distance from the camera the natural displacement makes little difference.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

....with the house either but as soon as Betty stopped playing 'Morrowind' the house magically morphed back to the lovely 2 bedroom cottage with the wrap-around partially screened in porch....much better. Think I'll go in and grab a cooler he mused.....it was a long ride
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

El Kabong

Quote from: bobbystahr on April 11, 2017, 01:15:51 PM
Plus music herself is pulling me as I  was just gifted the guitar in the attached pic and it's a dream come true that I didn't know I was dreaming.

Sweet!  8)