Mystery of the Penrose Device

Started by fleetwood, March 28, 2017, 03:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleetwood

G and I reached the hamlet of Burton at 4:15 PM on the dreary and blustery afternoon of March 28th, xxxx. Departing the coach we refreshed ourselves briefly at the Timbers, a comfortable if somewhat rough inn. Then it was off across the village to the home of young Tom Penrose to hear a first hand account of his accidental discovery....
... leading us off on a path across the fields and then up onto the wooded cliffs along the Lake Huron. After some rather strenuous scrambling we climbed to a distinct rocky promontory over looking the water and the stony shore. It was then that we spied the area of strange fog that clung to the base of the cliff and soon we became aware of an odd sound to be heard above the rhythmic heaving of the waves, an eerie and organic low howling whine emanating from that fog. Peering more intently we began to make out the outlines of a most peculiar and somehow disturbing object. We must make our way down....

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

cyphyr

Very nicely done and I love the story :)
Reminds me of a project I shelved a few years back, I shall have to dig it out ... :)
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

bobbystahr

Bravo! the story is as great as the pic, well done. You had me hook, line and sinker at "G and I reached the hamlet of Burton at 4:15 PM"
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

TheBadger

i like it. Feels like there is alot more going on all around than you are able to see.
It has been eaten.

El Kabong

Soundin' likes the beginning of a Brisco County Jr. episode.
Must get me spectacles for further speculation...  8)
Later, Ron

Ethrieltd

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

bobbystahr

Quote from: El Kabong on April 03, 2017, 09:03:08 PM

Must get me spectacles for further speculation...  8)
Later, Ron

groan....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist