The poolhouse "gathered"

Started by DocCharly65, March 31, 2017, 03:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

After almost 2 years it was time to get an overview how the poolhous and sourrounding have developed through many detail changes and some knowledge I could learn here in the forum.

This render is only possible with my big 32GB i7. All other PCs shut down while "preparing to render"  ;D
Some details I'll change before I start animating a smooth slow landscape view.
E.G. the agave on the right side of the houses entrance is not centered in the pot and the backlight glass of the new Viper is a bit too bright.

But all in all this is the "pre-final" of the morning at the pool house near the village

[attach=1]

3D for red cyan glasses:

[attach=2]

Dune

I don't want to nitpick, but I think the light is a bit dull somehow. Or is that intentional?

DocCharly65

In this case mostly intentional, Ulco.
I want an early morning twilight but I keep the option open to brighten or to intensivate contrast in video postwork.

DocCharly65

Ulco I tested the autobrightness of XNViw for a short test.
This is the result. I think you're right :)

[attach=1]

Jo Kariboo

I prefer the last one. A very big set up with excellent result!

DocCharly65

It's good that I didn't start the animation render of this so far. So I can adjust the brightness of the balloons and the village houses a bit for the higher allover illumination. I think in the easy way to use autobrightness they are overexposed and especially the balloons look too flat.

Hannes

Great image, Nils! This is really a place that could exist in reality.
Good that you took Ulco's advice. Looks way better.

Dune

That's way better indeed. So, can you still change that before rendering? That would be easiest.

DocCharly65

Quote from: Dune on March 31, 2017, 11:35:48 AM
That's way better indeed. So, can you still change that before rendering? That would be easiest.

Yepp - I will do so.
As I told I will adjust some more details before animating and I am still not 100% sure if I animate a simple rising camera or a slow rising camera with a kind of sunrise-timelaps.

Oshyan

I've always felt this scene was underexposed (lighting a bit "dull"), so I'm glad to see it will be brightened up for final render. Other than that it looks great! Maybe the hot air balloons could be improved somehow, but I'm not quite sure how...  Oh, maybe a slight "sheen" (shininess), if you don't have some already on there. But it should be soft/diffuse... https://www.google.com/search?q=hot+air+balloon&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjRxcHuu4HTAhVL_mMKHWC1CEUQ_AUICCgB&biw=1600&bih=1070

- Oshyan

DocCharly65

Thanks  :)

Good to have some photos as basics. They are quite helpful.
I will check the balloon illumination especially. I wanted to do this anyway :)

bobbystahr

Loving this more with every improvement. I had good effect on my balloon a few renders back by doing a Merge with the Default and a Glass shader and set it to add; you might want to try that. Worked well with the sun in a position similar to the one you have but I went for the sun thru the balloon in mine.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

OK - the changes are done.
Thanks Bobby, for the suggestion with the glassshader. :)
In fact a little more reflection was good for the balloons.

First render is finished - second for the 3D verson will follow in the evening.

[attach=1]

bobbystahr

Indeed, they look great now...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist