Against the wind

Started by yossam, April 04, 2017, 05:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

Had to use some outrageous settings to get the DOF to work this small amount.............. ???

fleetwood

Pretty cool.  8) Great light and perspective

Care to mention the camera settings ?
Good place for dust cloud picking up that light ?

yossam

I haven't had a whole lot of success with making dust out of the new clouds, but i can give it a try. I agree with the idea...........it needs some idea of motion, especially from the police car.

Camera settings for DOF : Focal distance - 200
                                      Aperture in mm - 2000

Matt

Quote from: yossam on April 04, 2017, 05:20:51 PM
Had to use some outrageous settings to get the DOF to work this small amount.............. ???

This probably means you have some outrageous scales on your objects  ;)

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

yossam

Not too outrageous, but not to scale.  :)

Now give me some hints for dust out of the new clouds.............please.  :-*

fleetwood

My suggestion, don't be locked into the idea that you must use V3 clouds for everything simply because they are a newer option. It is not "wrong" to use each type where it is best.

V2 or V3 each has has its own strong points. Cirrus clouds for instance are still created as V2 by default.

IMO the V2 cloud type is better and simpler for dust clouds, so  I would say use a V2 cloud for the dust and keep V3 sky clouds you already have.

bobbystahr

Cool render and fleetwood beat me to the punch. V 2 is also better for god rays in a forest thru the trees like I've found.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

DocCharly65

Nice render - and I use the new clouds seldom, too. :)

yossam

I was determined to get a V 3 cloud to work as dust.................... ;D

masonspappy

THink you got the dust very close!

Hannes

I like that scene. Did you check "receive shadows from surfaces" in the (dust-) cloud layer? If not you should do so.

El Kabong

Maybe some bow or billow in the sail. Looks a bit rigid or not being blown by wind.
Love the helmet.  8)
Dust looking good too.

Later, Ron

yossam

El Kabong ( Is your name from the cartoon? ) I think your the only one  to say anything about the helmet. For some reason the top panel of the sail has no bump map............I know it looks too rigid for a sail. Suggestions?

yossam

After turning shadows on............13.5 hours later.  ;)