Moses project

Started by Dune, April 05, 2017, 05:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Well, yes and no. In the valley they look okay, but overall, they're not really needed, I think. So I should actually restrict to slope, but that gives problems is my experience. And the laterals take longer to render due to the compute normal. So now I will see if I can localize the compute normal calculation (not needed all over the globe anyway).
The clouds need to be kind of like this is the valley, racing towards you (so animated), but on the opposite side they are not up to par, IMO. Too harsh, I think. But for different shots, they might be changed separately.
Credits to the good old Lightning bushes, btw.

René

Way to go! The addition of clouds makes it much more biblical. Will there be god rays?

bobbystahr

Yeah, gonna really need God Rays in this one heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Depends on Dorian. Could be nice, as there's a nice hole in the cloud. Even the 'dust' kicked up in animation could have god rays... I just wish it would render all a bit faster.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on April 24, 2017, 02:40:29 AM
I just wish it would render all a bit faster.

You've no idea how often that runs thru my wee brain....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

masonspappy

The dark sky give it kind of an ominous look. 
Beautiful!

DocCharly65

I'd need a shortcut button for "amazing / impressive / outstanding" :)

Perhaps I missed a post and you already told but where and when will there be the final animation to watch?

Dune

Dorian is working on testing the cloud (movement) I set up. He will also do the chariots and stuff racing through the valley, and the people doing the crossing. I imagine that's quite a lot of work, so don't hold your breath. It will be spectacular!

Clouds have been changed again, so I am curious too....

Dune

Some tests Dorian sent me yesterday.

bobbystahr

Well the mood is certainly set, now for the amazing water. I for on am waiting with bated breath.....

for the non Emglish amongst us

Bated here is a contraction of abated through loss of the unstressed first vowel (a process called aphesis); it means "reduced, lessened, lowered in force". So bated breath refers to a state in which you almost stop breathing as a result of some strong emotion, such as terror or awe
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Hannes

Really impressive! Can't wait to see the animation.

Quote from: bobbystahr on April 26, 2017, 09:52:49 AM
I for on am waiting with bated breath.....

Now that I know what that means, I'm waiting with bated breath too! ;)

DocCharly65

Quote from: Hannes on April 26, 2017, 10:58:47 AM
Really impressive! Can't wait to see the animation.

Quote from: bobbystahr on April 26, 2017, 09:52:49 AM
I for on am waiting with bated breath.....

Now that I know what that means, I'm waiting with bated breath too! ;)

..and  ECHO ;)

Jo Kariboo

An ambitious project ... I wonder what this product will look like when it is mounted and finished. You are the only one here who has the talent and technique to fulfill this project.

dorianvan

Here's a bit of cloud animation. Turned out fast moving, but still natural, and ominous.
-Dorian

DocCharly65

Absolutely still naturally - and slightly creepy - that's the intention - right? :)