Moses project

Started by Dune, April 05, 2017, 05:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dorianvan

-Dorian

TheBadger

interesting.

Please use a proper water generator though.
It has been eaten.

Dune

@Badger: depends on what one wants. Don't forget that space is quite enormous here, the passing 16 kilometers, the 'path' is here maybe more than 1-2K! You won't see any splashing of waves (nor transparency), or waves would have to be a few hundred meters high. I think my waves are now already 50m or so. As a matter of fact, you don't even see the thousands of people in the wadi from this cam.
Some of the old movies had some spectacular waves though (some also awfully exxagerated), a bit over the top, but spectacular nonetheless. What's reality (anyway)? It's up to Dorian and the film company, I'm just stretching what's possible and feeding the forum  ;)

dorianvan

We'll be using a couple of other programs as well for water generations for closer ups (or for layering), but Ulco's right. From a distance details won't be visible.

@Ulco: Did you say that in the last image there are people? Really? Can't see anything but beach. Where are they? Post a closer up please :)
-Dorian

bobbystahr

Quote from: dorianvan on April 09, 2017, 12:16:45 PM
We'll be using a couple of other programs as well for water generations for closer ups (or for layering), but Ulco's right. From a distance details won't be visible.

@Ulco: Did you say that in the last image there are people? Really? Can't see anything but beach. Where are they? Post a closer up please :)

Ulco said. " As a matter of fact, you don't even see the thousands of people in the wadi from this cam."

bolding by bobby

that had me looking as well till I re-read Ulco's post heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Amazing!!!! Can't wait to see this animated.

Dune

No, actually in this render there aren't, but even those you don't see  :o But, right in the center, at the edge of that low 'cliff', halfway the beach, so to say, there's a tiny dot (you have to look for it) just in the sandy part.... that's the canopy of a single palm tree.

The light is very high and hazy here as well, and I didn't post adjust anything in the latter renders. It might be better with more contrast, less haze and a lower sun's angle. Giving long shadows of all those people.

Dune

Still no mail possible, so Dorian; thanks, and I'll try some people stuff....

Dune

@Dorian: a few thousand people walking....

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

dorianvan

-Dorian

Dune

Yes, well, it's a big terrain; 4.5 kilometers from valley (cam) to beach.

dorianvan

Right, this is good to know though. Question. Those cliffs look like they are stretched up and down, are they supposed to be that way?
-Dorian

bobbystahr

We (humans) are so insignificant when viewed from such a distance...really gives one perspective...looking great.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

Quote from: dorianvan on April 11, 2017, 09:43:30 AM
Right, this is good to know though. Question. Those cliffs look like they are stretched up and down, are they supposed to be that way?

I wanted to ask this, too.

But all in all cool landscape and really large if you compare with the "ants"!