something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

Dune

@Dorian: That's the fractal noise BigBen put over the dem. I could reduce that (I already did a bit). I didn't use a compute terrain here, so if detail up close is more important than render time, I can use one and have some more lateral displacement, and perhaps smooth that 'erosion' out.

Edit: if you look up close to that valley and wadi in google maps, you see it's a different ballgame; dry riverbed and 'alpine'like edges of the ravine. If you want to go this close that means work on that area in detail (I think even an image map, can't do that very precisely with the painted shader).... a bit of a waste if the director thinks the Suez would be better, though. And the extent of such an image map would depend on exact camera positions...

TheBadger

Ulco,

True.

It will all just depend if it looks good in the end. Just hard to believe that TG is at all the right way, full respect to all those who have bent TG to their own will. But there are apps for it. And TG is not really the one.

TG water looks really great in some situations, in others it is positively silly. I guess I just mean if you find your self having to spend any real time on it, stop, and switch.

Either way, Ill enjoy seeing the results  8)

It has been eaten.

Dune

So will I. I'm sure Dorian will make something wonderful of it. I agree about the water of course, but I'd love to see this setup animated in TG. With some appropriate camera moves, masses walking to the sea, blur and mist, and sound effects, it could be quite convincing. Then 'real' water for close-ups.

Low quality update.

ADE

Quote from: Danny on April 05, 2017, 06:49:39 AM
Ole Chuck Would Be Proud

done an oil painting of this 30 yrs ago!!!! :O

also I have tried the parting of the seas myself, I got somewhere but wasn't convincing, think ill stick to easter eggs!!!!

Dune

Small update on the valley.

DocCharly65

Great, Ulco! ... and a bit scaring: It feels like looking back and expecting a wall of water chasing me :)

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Ditto to Nils' comment
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

;D

New update; added some lateral displacement and different shrubs and light. Low-res!

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on April 21, 2017, 11:23:02 AM
;D

New update; added some lateral displacement and different shrubs and light. Low-res!

That works well
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Hannes

DocCharly65

I like these rocks much more than the ones before! Good work!