Moses project

Started by Dune, April 05, 2017, 05:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

I really don't know, this was just a last moment's addition. It should be done in the obj anyway, not by height.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on May 16, 2017, 11:57:23 AM
I really don't know, this was just a last moment's addition. It should be done in the obj anyway, not by height.

Quite true...It's likely a recorded somewhere proportion of the overall height of the pyramid I'd think.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

This looks awesome! I can't imagine any other illustration showing the pyramids how they initially were. Unusual, but great! Not sure about the golden top. Was it really that noticeable?

Jo Kariboo

I very like Giza cam 2 low test 9. Beautiful composition with this vegetations!

dorianvan

At this time, about 1450BC, the pyramids would have been over a thousand years old, so I guess we'll have to age them a bit, as in tarnished from the sun. The white limestones they got from the other side of the Nile start tanning up after about ten years, so we'll definitely be adjusting from our brighty whiteys. There were no lines visible unless you were really close because they were super tight. And usually there were granite capstones called pyramidions, but the gold plating is just a theory, and probably wouldn't really be visible from here.
-Dorian

Dune

Interesting to know this. Still the bright whites, but that's easy to change.

DocCharly65

Interesting information, dorianvan.

The new versions look good, Ulco. Nice to see the wheel tracks :)

Dune

There's talk of a more hazy look....

bobbystahr

interesting, maybe a tad  dense...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Tha day when the pharao preferes to stay in bed...  ;D

Looks good!

Dune

It must all look devastated, terrible and gloomy (or the people wouldn't leave, I guess).

Dune

Like this. Dorian's atmo settings, and some new procedural pyramids, because the others (obj) didn't behave.

bobbystahr

Good stuff, you can feel the heat in that hazy atmo...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

KlausK

This is really a cool project so far!
The look you are going for is definitely in this.

Still, I have some minor remarks about a few things I pick up when looking at the pictures, if you don`t mind  ::)
And it really makes a difference if these pics are meant as stills or part of a animation. In an animation what I
observe might not be noticable at all.

@GPyrs:
- In general on my computerscreen(s) objects very often look composited, because they stand out so
sharp against the landscape. But this could be simply my monitor(s) representation.
- The pathway looks a little bit too procedural and repetitive for my taste. Shadows of the palm trees
in parallel to the ground structure makes this more obvious for me. But that is a minor thing.
- The shadow of the pyramid really jumps at me, so to speak.Those triangle shapes really cut through
the background. Even though I am sure it should be physically correct I for one would try to lighten it up a bit.
In this version "Giza hazy_ cam 2 2m low-test-15.jpg" the pyramid looks less prominent in the background.

@GPyrs-cam up 1
- The crop...is that what you wanted or just a glitch? The cut off peak of the pyramid?
- What I wrote about the shadow of pyramids above.
- The camera position here reveals the repetitive use of objects. It looks a bit like "created" chaos,
not really "random". Cattle and bend palm tree, mainly. Any chance you could use more variations of the those?
More variation in the direction of the bend, perhaps. Different states of degredation of the cattle would be a plus,
I think (for the final product).
- The houses should reflect the demise of the village a little bit more. They look pretty perfect in shape to me.
- The field could benefit from an area which has no vegetation left at all. Like the dusty ground of the pathways.
This could be an area where the cattle has been standing together closely and trampled down every last bit of grass.
They stick together closely in times of drought and starvation.

That`s it...other than that very interesting to watch.

cheers, Klaus

/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Dune

Thanks for your feedback, Klaus. The final feel and such is really Dorian's; I just make the terrain, maps and trees, and such.
I agree about the shadow. Easy to light up, either the whole pyramids or just the shadow sides.
The pathways needed to be quite straight to get the procedural (SSS) wagon tracks in without them rolling off, or I would had have to make really huge image maps for the amount of detail.
Sun also needs to be in a certain position, so perpendicular tree shadows are bound to happen.
The cropped off tops are a glitch.
I don't know how many dead cows Dorian wants. He had put one in, I did a whole pop (for 'fun'). Of course, a few more variations would be good, but extra work again for a few seconds of movie. And indeed, this is to be an animation, so a lot of detail will be 'lost in the moment'. Also, lots of people will be traversing the fields and tracks.
Less vegetation on fields has already been done, but more is an idea. Let's see what Dorian says. Same with the houses. A bit of extra bump or even real displacement would perhaps be interesting. I don't know the exact circumstances of the demise of this area, sudden devastation or gradual...