Overcast w Sunny Breaks

Started by bobbystahr, April 26, 2017, 10:52:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Looking for inspiration I often load clips I have no idea about and the Overcast one I got somewhere or maybe even made myself (before I started intelligent naming) was just what the doctor ordered as I'd just made a new road grid mask test image. The ground is mainly the procedural grass clip in the presets. Standard tweaked for prairie effect PF for the geometry...C&C welcome as always...thanks for checking this out.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Fantastic image, Bobby! Do you think you could add some details in the upper part of the clouds?

fleetwood

Dune

Sky is nice, I would change the ground to something natural.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on April 26, 2017, 11:03:11 AM
Fantastic image, Bobby! Do you think you could add some details in the upper part of the clouds?

I'd thought of that...or maybe a Mothership breaking thru heh heh, thanks for the comment.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on April 26, 2017, 11:35:16 AM
Sky is nice, I would change the ground to something natural.

How do you mean Ulco?  That's the procedural grass Preset broken up with an image map mask road grid and IIRC a population of Birch trees, all fairly natural...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

This just in...after a fairly intense search of the cloud library I find that this is based on a .tgc from FrankB way back called Cloudy Day
Thanks Frank.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

I'm not really fond of the regular roads, but that's me of course. A rough grassy terain, some shrub and trees and rocky outcrops would be nicer, IMO.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on April 26, 2017, 12:31:54 PM
I'm not really fond of the regular roads, but that's me of course. A rough grassy terain, some shrub and trees and rocky outcrops would be nicer, IMO.

Bear in mind I live at the start of the loooong straight road populated bald prairie and when I leave the dystopian reality of the city I'm either travelling roads bordered with mixed forests to either side or fields neatly divided by 1/4 mile roads and larger section roads..we do tend to reflect out environments in random works like this I guess. I'd almost have to cross the USA border to get to some decent hill country and I don't do USA heh heh or go visit Ryan in Alberta which is like 800 miles, 1200km....2/3 the way to the Pacific from my house...but just north we have a lake as large as a sea so we stay. There are rocky outcrops but mostly at the lake..best I can do would be to scatter Fakestones of a large size at the edges of some of the fields as they dug a lot of them out before they could plant crops. A lot got used in foundations but you do see periodic collections of rocks at field edges that were too large to be usable like that. Maybe I'll do that and re-scale the trees or get the camera lower as they are in scale now I think. Thanks for the comments.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

A very cool mood in this render, Bobby.

I am not sure what to suggest because of the roads.
One solution would be: rectangular roads need many buildings like suburbs.
I would love that but it would mean many many houses = very much work ;)

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on April 26, 2017, 04:56:10 PM
A very cool mood in this render, Bobby.

One solution would be: rectangular roads need many buildings like suburbs.

Maybe where you are Nils, but around here you can go miles without seeing even a grainery standing in a field...Canada is HUGE once you get out of Montreal and Toronto and sorta stays that way till it gets to La La Vancouver when it's like NY NY again in miniture.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New