Easter non traditional Scene

Started by bobbystahr, April 15, 2017, 07:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Stumbled across Ade's fine lighthouse and was off to the races. The terrain is called Moonlight Peak CA from the community somewhere by someone, and this is a small corner of it.
The boat is Steam Speed Boat from somewhere online, maybe rendo or sharecg, the shed is by kessiah at rendo, the pier is mine (I made Ade's  invisible as it pointed the wrong way). Still a WIP so comment away.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Jo Kariboo

I love the atmosphere (murderous espionage).
Personally I would put the waves smaller or at least change the look.
The light in the shed is excellent. The lighthouse is very pretty.
Usually the light of a lighthouse is not red, but why not if here it is not about realism but to dramatize.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Jo Kariboo on April 15, 2017, 08:12:52 PM
I love the atmosphere (murderous espionage).
Personally I would put the waves smaller or at least change the look.
The light in the shed is excellent. The lighthouse is very pretty.
Usually the light of a lighthouse is not red, but why not if here it is not about realism but to dramatize.

Thanks, an accidental atmo that worked heh heh. I agree on the waves and was thinking not as dense but higher with more foam tops; will play around with that. The redness is due to too much reflection in the the glass reflecting the top  cap... that will go. Also the shack and all it's compatriots are in scale but not to the lighthouse and as it's simpler to adjust one object and it's glass objects I'll scale that down a touch. Thanks for the input.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

I agree with the water and the red lighthous-light. But very cool idea and mood.

DannyG

Nice Bobby, the light is dramatic. The waves are pretty big, however I don't think you would get the twinkle of light coming off them if they were smaller.Good render either way
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

bobbystahr

Quote from: Danny on April 18, 2017, 07:16:59 AM
Nice Bobby, the light is dramatic. The waves are pretty big, however I don't think you would get the twinkle of light coming off them if they were smaller.Good render either way

Thanks Danny, I kinda like that sparkle but yeah I found in an iteration it goes away with smaller waves..I still like this best...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

archonforest

Nice mood and colors.
Agree with the wave scale.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd