Screen power down bug

Started by N-drju, April 09, 2017, 12:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

I would like to report a small, "statistical impossibility" bug that I have just encountered.

I left Terragen rendering a test render. Let it run for a few minutes. Later I returned and moved my mouse in exactly the moment that the screen was going black for power saving. Terragen crashed, screen flicked on and off for about two seconds and Windows displayed a message that "The screen driver crashed but regained functionality". Then I had to use program manager to close the TG down. I re-ran the same project, rendered it and everything was back to normal.

A rare and rather weird situation. :)
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Ethrieltd

NVIDIA?

I've had some blackouts and recoveries recently, triggered by (it seems Firefox) in the midst of an action the screen would go black and Windows would give a message very similar to this on recovery.

Oshyan

Assuming this is actually an issue with TG itself, unless this is something that happens regularly or can at least be reproduced with some specific set of actions, then it's really hard to pinpoint and address it. Do let us know if it happens again, but without having seen it ourselves nor had any other reports of it, it will have to be a low priority for now.

- Oshyan

N-drju

That's okay. I just wanted to let you know. :) As I said, this has to be a very rare situation. Why, it happened for the first time ever in my case.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"