In the MeanTime....

Started by bobbystahr, April 28, 2017, 10:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

...while awaiting comments to progress FastGodRays, I dipped into Generate Terrain territory and this evolved. I use once again Bob's(chornor's) Desert Atmosphere cuz I love it and jmeyer's LandRover with driver. Also some fake stones harvested from  chornor scene, and a tiny struggling grass plant population.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

archonforest

Great lights and clouds here. Nice mood and a very rocky ride :D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

fleetwood

Dune

Actually a very cool setting, Bobby. But please build up those stones by yourself and don't just drop in some tgc. They need more definition. If you blow the stones up (I think it's in those stones, as I once told Bob how to get them rounder), add a XYZ shader after that pf for a next tiny pf and will most probably get you finer detail, which you otherwise can't have.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on April 29, 2017, 02:44:49 AM
Actually a very cool setting, Bobby. But please build up those stones by yourself and don't just drop in some tgc. They need more definition. If you blow the stones up (I think it's in those stones, as I once told Bob how to get them rounder), add a XYZ shader after that pf for a next tiny pf and will most probably get you finer detail, which you otherwise can't have.

Heh heh, was just killing time Ulco(awaiting comment on the other piece to go forward on) as I wasn't really serious about this as an original piece but the response has been so nice in the 3 places I've posted it that I will act upon your advice and add one of my own fakestone creations. You shared the rounder stone Idea with the forum quite some time back and it's often part of my fakestone pipeline...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

got that XYZ tiny pf trick working....thanks for that Ulco...still tweaking stuff though....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

For just killing time this render is just too good :)

Marty

bobbystahr

Added a road with SS shader and Fr Warp, re-did the stones but they seem over the top/too dense on the smaller ones, can't see enough of the ground  I think but at under an hour for the render I don't mind iteration as much as on the slo poke dell. C&C welcome.
The Ocotillo plant is an old XFROG freebie and I was shocked at how large it loaded till I looked it up in WIKI and it turns out a blooming mature plant can grow to 10 m/30 ft. tall....so I left it as is....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New