error no error

Started by Dune, March 30, 2017, 08:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

How come I get an error message if I load a tgd with a dem? But the dem is there and all is well.....

bobbystahr

Same thing I get when loading many .obj files...Terje is having a problem with a gathering situation in his Aurora thread as well.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Today getting error messages on same file opened countless times with no errors. Cannot locate...etc, etc....
I usually resave and reopen after double checking I didn't move something, that works sometimes.

Oshyan

What happens if you point Terragen to the file again?

- Oshyan

Dune

Nothing changes then, just loads again and looks the same. Saving again, and reloading (the tgd) gives the same error message again, etc. It's not a big deal, but just curious why.

Oshyan

Does this happen every time with a particular TGD? Do you still have this file so we can look at it?

- Oshyan

Dune

I've been working on that same file for a few weeks now, on and off, and every time I get the same error, but it works perfectly. I'll upload it to you.

cyphyr

Could it be that the DEM has had its location information removed/disabled ... ?
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Dune

I don't think so. But the strange thing is that I removed all objects, some surface shaders (nothing shocking), an extra compute terrain that I used to pop upon (apart from one that was attached, but unused) and the sea sphere and shaders, and when re-opening the error was gone. I can now open that file without error  ???
Then again..... I did the same again, but deleted a few less shaders, and now it's opening with error. So that's going to Matt and Oshyan. See what they make of it.

bla bla 2

A try in format png ? And for tif, is 8bits or 16bits ?

Dune