Fake Stones Shader is the MONEY...

Started by moodflow, December 29, 2006, 06:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazymonkey

crazymonkey

had to have a play with this one :) came up with this.

MeltingIce

Thats pretty cool but why is there a discontinuity right down the middle of your image?  Did you do that trick for dual core processors where you render each half of the image in a different instance of TG2?

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

Doofus

The texture will be set to repeat twice and it will be aligned with the camera. There is a line horizontally too. It would work better if it was a seamless texture.
Rub a little funk on it baby :D

crazymonkey

yep, no discontinuity, just the way the texture tiled :(

CaptoAmazo

wow thats awesome. im gunna have to try that now.

Lucio

very beautiful work, and thanks for sharing!

Will

Frank if you take a server get me one too!
Great use of the fake stone shaker I love the results.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

groverwa

crazy monkey

Nice pic

I have found that some image shader pics tile into 4 quadrants and if you go to projection type it will be "through the camera" - by accident I found that by making the projection type "UV ojbect" and then going back to "Through the camera" the image shader pic is now just 1 pic

Hope this will help

Mike

rcallicotte

That maneuver sounds like a bug, doesn't it?

Quote from: groverwa on January 16, 2007, 07:20:25 PM
crazy monkey

Nice pic

I have found that some image shader pics tile into 4 quadrants and if you go to projection type it will be "through the camera" - by accident I found that by making the projection type "UV ojbect" and then going back to "Through the camera" the image shader pic is now just 1 pic

Hope this will help

Mike
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

groverwa

calico

does this happen to you??

anyone else have the problem??

Mike

inkydigit

nice job moodflow...thanks for sharin...I have learnt something today!!

moodflow

Quote from: inkydigit on January 17, 2007, 10:20:49 AM
nice job moodflow...thanks for sharin...I have learnt something today!!

No problem!  I think if we all work together and try to tackle certain aspects of image making, we can come up with a library of amazing resources.  Thats my goal atleast.
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

neon22

I took Moodflow's tgd and removed the image. Then colored the last couple of layers of rocks - so I could see it working...

Then I thought it would be interesting to see if I could put some of the detail onto the largest rock. Its already calculated so I attached it from two layers earlier. Yuk...   but whats that on the left ?

Closer examination reveals that the idea is there but I can't control it. Looks inside out.

So try some experiments with inverse and lo and behold this.

I think we could use this mechanism in other places. Would anyone like to continue along this vein ?
I am sure we can improve this... more displacement somehow ?
Maybe there is an easier way to sort-of normalise than this ?

If you attach it to the blendshader it'll crash :-(