Fountain stuff

Started by luvsmuzik, May 02, 2017, 08:04:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

trials and experiments
Terragen Materials Library , Hanne's material clip files
Hanne's gold tgc on fountain 1 with brass oxide on the globe (scaled)

bobbystahr

Nice tests. Are you using a SS shader with stroke for the square ring? It won't displace in the terrain tab but works well in the shader stack using a Displacement shader.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Thanks bobby! Three cubes for walls surround a SSS with Hetzen's cobble tgc.
Fountain pool obj is a simple cube with inset edges and extruded down. Center pool face has just a water shader so I don't have to add a whole lake....hehe.
I am working on a spray type object, but the number of particles gets outrageous, as do fake stones if I try that method assigned as new layer to an object, similar to snowflakes....
I may try an image projection mask for stones like I did that small galaxy. Never know what may happen next. Life was so easy with sprites! A firework image with a mask worked pretty well eons ago.

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on May 02, 2017, 01:58:04 PM
Thanks bobby! Three cubes for walls surround a SSS with Hetzen's cobble tgc.
Fountain pool obj is a simple cube with inset edges and extruded down. Center pool face has just a water shader so I don't have to add a whole lake....hehe.
I am working on a spray type object, but the number of particles gets outrageous, as do fake stones if I try that method assigned as new layer to an object, similar to snowflakes....
I may try an image projection mask for stones like I did that small galaxy. Never know what may happen next. Life was so easy with sprites! A firework image with a mask worked pretty well eons ago.

check this out.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist