ISS animated

Started by Hannes, May 02, 2017, 03:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Here is a little animation of my space station. I rendered the background separately from the station. Two different files. I tried to match the lighting, and I think it worked.
For the staion I used some heavy frame blending in AE, which helped a lot to get rid of the noise of the micro displacement of the aluminium shader.

Actually after I finished the animation I watched Gravity and I was tempted to delete what I just created...  Insane!!!

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

luvsmuzik

All about the process! Just great! What an accomplishment!

DocCharly65

Congratulations, Hannes! Marvelous work!

Good that you did not give in to your urge to delete :)
... never compare what we do here as mostly single persons and look how many designers and animaters, matte painters and and and ... they have for those films ;)

Hannes

Thanks, guys.
And yes, Nils, you're right of course. I remember someone saying in the Making Of Gravity, that if one single person with one single computer would have done all the CG stuff of that movie, he would have had to start in 5000 B. C.  :)

DocCharly65

Bad news for me, Hannes ;D
Means, that I will need until 9020 instead of 2020 to finish my film ;D

Dune

Hannes

Thanks again. I just found that the station has the wrong orientation.  :(
Well, I won't do it again...

KyL

really nice one, congrats Hannes!

j meyer

8) Nice to see.
Wrong orientation....hmh, maybe they had to change it to avoid a collision
with some piece of space junk or so. Most likely 'Top Secret' anyway. ;)

masonspappy

That is a great animation!!

Oshyan

Looks quite good Hannes! If you rendered out to EXR I would only suggest doing some highlight soft clip or tone mapping to get rid of the overexposed areas a bit (not totally, that would look unrealistic). I imagine you may have already done some of this, but it still looks a bit too harsh on the planet itself, not so much the space station (where I'd expect it more in a way).

Anyway, this whole thing has been a great project. :)

- Oshyan

inkydigit

super work, looks great!
:)

Jo Kariboo

Excellent!!! look very realist too!

otakar

Well Hannes, if you are comparing your work with Gravity, you know you've already succeeded (and that is a crass understatement).  My only regret is that it is not longer...