Autumn afternoon

Started by Cocateho, May 02, 2017, 08:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

Oshyan

This is a very nice, natural-looking scene. I think it only needs minor tweaks to get near photorealism (IMHO). I would suggest slightly desaturating some or even a majority of the ground cover and foreground plants. Right now it looks like all the plants are very "rich" and saturated, it seems like a very, very healthy environment, perhaps too healthy. ;) I think having the trees slightly brighter than the ground in terms of color would add to realism and also give a nice compositional range, whereas now there is more tonal similarity throughout. I also think some added break-up, more of a slightly "patchy" look in some of the ground vegetation would add to the realism. There is a little bit of break-up now, but even more would be helpful I think.

Whether you make further adjustments or not I think this is great!

- Oshyan

luvsmuzik

Looks like the eastern to midwest US in the fall where everything displays before winter. Usually the only bright, bright greens are evergreen and stubborn weeds. I think this image is spot on!

Cocateho

Here's  an update, I think I'll call this final for now. added PFs to the vegetation distribution and tweaked the colors. Gave up on the dof because I couldn't get something I was happy with.  Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Jo Kariboo

Excellent work with the color of the trees!

DocCharly65

A bit a pity because of the given up DoF but a beautiful work though :)

Dune

Great piece (also without the DOF). You could always try in post if you've made a depth pass.

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

bobbystahr

Still nice and better...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist