Fast God Rays

Started by bobbystahr, April 26, 2017, 08:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masonspappy

I like the picture overall.

The God rays are good. only thing is, the actual sunlight (the sun itself, not the God Rays)  seems a bit overpowering to the image and it distracted me.
But that could just be me, other folks might feel differently.

bobbystahr

Quote from: masonspappy on April 29, 2017, 09:46:54 PM
I like the picture overall.

The God rays are good. only thing is, the actual sunlight (the sun itself, not the God Rays)  seems a bit overpowering to the image and it distracted me.
But that could just be me, other folks might feel differently.

Thanks...I kinda like it myself...but I get your point. Were I in migraine mode it would have been less bright heh heh.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Much better, I think. Now I would reduce reflection maybe to 0.7 or so; the light spots are too bright. And I think you need to work on the grain (either in atmo/cloud or ray detail multiplier). Or increase waves a little more to a not too fine, but big waves, and use the patchiness.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on April 30, 2017, 02:22:07 AM
Much better, I think. Now I would reduce reflection maybe to 0.7 or so; the light spots are too bright. And I think you need to work on the grain (either in atmo/cloud or ray detail multiplier). Or increase waves a little more to a not too fine, but big waves, and use the patchiness.

There are zero waves at present and Ray detail multiplier is at 1, both the fog and the masking cloud are at .5  Quality so I'll mess around with that as well. Atmo was at 20 so I moved that to 64, should help. And .7 for reflection? maybe you meant 7 perhaps as I'm not using the Water's reflection at all but a Reflection shader.
D'oh you were talking Reflectivity and I was thinking the Quality TAB, heh heh...a bit of Sunday morning potheimers...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Numerous tests later I have a pristene set of god rays and lovely clouds in the sky but I can not get the noise out of the water.
Will post a batch of tests later
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

....this is as good as I can get the water...and I do like it, in this case, better with the Water's reflective function dialed downthan an added Reflective shader which is nice for softness but that bred noise..... I put it at .7 and in the atmo I set samples at 128....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Strange that the noise in the water is so persistent. I'd like to know too what causes (and remedies) that. But the image overall is getting there. Perhaps lowering the cam even more and making some really big waves just in front (some tops even crossing the horizon), with some nice foam would be interesting. You don't even need the monument, or the grey stuff that's near it.

DocCharly65

Nice improvements Bobby! I'm happy to see that the bushes on the right side aren't so illuminous any more.

The grainy structure of the water I find in my actually running pool renders too in some areas... but higher AA settings than 5 makes no sense for me in an animation... strange but I can live with it.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on May 01, 2017, 02:20:37 AM
Strange that the noise in the water is so persistent. I'd like to know too what causes (and remedies) that. But the image overall is getting there. Perhaps lowering the cam even more and making some really big waves just in front (some tops even crossing the horizon), with some nice foam would be interesting. You don't even need the monument, or the grey stuff that's near it.

Ah, but I do like the monument an I did start with lovely foam waves but as was suggested went with a more reflective  less busy water and have come to fancy the calmer water . As the water noise will not go away I'm at the point where I feel this goes on the shelf for future reconsideration as it's renders have gotten longer with each iteration and it gets harder to get back to it with my new Gibson "Lucille" sitting on it's stand just over my shoulder begging to be played...that's the problem with having 2 "mistresses"...when you're with one the other is still there begging for attention. See mistress #1 attached.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

masonspappy

Playing with Terragen vs. Playing with a new Electric Guitar.
Heckuva hard choice to make Bobby!

bobbystahr

Quote from: masonspappy on May 01, 2017, 10:52:53 AM

Tell me about it man...but I hadda put it down as it's so friggin heavy(my normal player is a mahogany 1958 0017 Martin, light as a feather)and come back to 3d till the back spasms stop heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

masonspappy

Quote from: bobbystahr on May 01, 2017, 10:02:02 PM

Tell me about it man...but I hadda put it down as it's so friggin heavy(my normal player is a mahogany 1958 0017 Martin, light as a feather)and come back to 3d till the back spasms stop heh heh
Ha ha... back in the day I had an amp that was nearly as tall as me.   We weren't good but we were loud.....  ;D

DocCharly65

Quote from: masonspappy on May 02, 2017, 12:18:30 AM
Quote from: bobbystahr on May 01, 2017, 10:02:02 PM

Ha ha... back in the day I had an amp that was nearly as tall as me.   We weren't good but we were loud.....  ;D

Same for me... but we were sure: LOUD IS GOOD!  ;D

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"