At the End of the Day_0002_WIP

Started by bobbystahr, May 03, 2017, 06:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Here I present a long forgotten project that wasn't working when I put it to bed but came to life when I added a cool sky from Andy. I'm guessing I started it around the time those sculptures showed up and was not pleased so put it away. I like it much better now. C&C welcome and if I can do it, (whatever) I'll give it a go.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Marty

Could be something special. Light house seam a little out of place. Maybe some other more ancient look on that?

bobbystahr

Quote from: Marty on May 04, 2017, 11:48:46 AM
Could be something special. Light house seam a little out of place. Maybe some other more ancient look on that?

Yeah, It was a stand in and IIRC wasn't supposed to be a lighthouse but a similar shaped tower. I could age it but still live in hope of finding the tower as it's an original from my Imagine3D days...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Well I deleted that lighthouse and replaced it with a lovely Coulter Pine, an XFROG freebie, and added a layer of fog which adds to the mystery of the site... C&C welcome.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

archonforest

Quote from: bobbystahr on May 07, 2017, 02:08:56 PM
Well I deleted that lighthouse and replaced it with a lovely Coulter Pine, an XFROG freebie, and added a layer of fog which adds to the mystery of the site... C&C welcome.

Nice changes but that tree on the left looks weird for me. Perhaps u can try the statue sitting in the middle?
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

DocCharly65

Quote from: archonforest on May 07, 2017, 02:18:01 PM
Quote from: bobbystahr on May 07, 2017, 02:08:56 PM

Nice changes but that tree on the left looks weird for me. Perhaps u can try the statue sitting in the middle?

Same thoughts here.
The statue comes out much better with that new color.

Anyway big imrovement.

luvsmuzik

I don't mind Mr. Tree is he were a wee bit smaller, maybe a staggered group of 3?
What I like is the statue finish and love the sky with rays! Excellent progress.  :)
And thanks for the final push to get at UV mapping. I used to make so many textures, they were coming out of my ears, but I will relearn all of this, again.