Thick snow

Started by Dune, May 04, 2017, 02:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dorianvan

Love the scene, but too many rocks for my taste or maybe clump them more. Snow and sparkles looks great.
-Dorian

Dune

Yes, well, it's not based on reality, merely a test of concept (he excused himself), but it might be an idea to get some larger smooth voronoi rocks in the stream, squarish-like.  Interesting to pursue a bit more...

Dune

This is not areally good idea, but I was a bit sloppy, I admit.

DocCharly65

Hey a nice variation :)

Only critics: The persons should look like mummys if they stand there still since last winter ;D  ;D

René

I actually like the last one; the ice on the water looks very good. A mix of the two situations, so grass with snow patches may be also interesting.

Dune

Yes, the 'ice' is an interesting extra. I didn't plan that, but good to keep in mind how it worked. Well, if time permits I'll have another go at it.

masonspappy

Looks great, but there is a hole in the rocks?

Dune

Yes, render error, needs higher displacement tolerance. There's also some translucency remains.

dorianvan

That looks fantastic, snowy is great too!
-Dorian

Dune

Painted in some islands for a change. Loosing interest by now, but I may come back to this. I hope the XOIO winter people will be there when I get back  ;)

Puffball snow does exist, btw.

bla bla 2

There is no trace of footsteps.  ;)

Dune

They were dropped there from space  ;)

DocCharly65

Quote from: Dune on May 15, 2017, 02:00:06 AM

I knew that... they always come from there... :)

bobbystahr

I love all these last ones even if they are snow...hate that stuff. But you tweaked my curiosity so I googled puffball snow and found this cool page:
http://www.terasu.co/lightwalking-snow-cave/
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bla bla 2

Quote from: Dune on May 15, 2017, 02:00:06 AM

;D ;D

Or puts a temporal door. lol