Unfinished business (Waterfall)

Started by René, May 08, 2017, 10:17:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

René

I have accumulated a lot of unfinished work in recent years. The reason for this is that my previous computer could not handle it or because it was too complicated, and sometimes because I lost interest. So the next few days I'll post a selection of experiments and works in progress.

Waterfall.

René

Night Train

Rumburak

These waterfalls are great. Number 12, 55 and 28 are my favourites.

archonforest

Great work! Like them pretty much all.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Dune

Thanks for posting these works. Impressive, and they remind me of my own experiments with water. I see some of the issues I came across myself, and which are pretty hard to conquer, but overall they are really great.

René

Quote from: Dune on May 08, 2017, 11:30:07 am
Thanks for posting these works. Impressive, and they remind me of my own experiments with water. I see some of the issues I came across myself, and which are pretty hard to conquer, but overall they are really great.

Long rendering times are the biggest obstacle, and therefore I did not continue these experiments. I'm sure that realistic waterfalls would be within reach with a much faster computer.

Jo Kariboo

I very like n.55. Very nice and surely very difficult to achieve!

Hannes

Wow René, outstanding!!! These waterfalls look very impressive.

bobbystahr

Very impressive. The last 4 seem closest but all are missing the mist that accompanies waterfalls...that may be all that is needed...hope you get a faster computer and that it isn't as much hassle as my recent acquisition experience was.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

René

May 09, 2017, 04:36:52 pm #10 Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 04:41:33 pm by René
Water experiments

René

Rainy road w.i.p.

René

Discovery. w.i.p.

DannyG

someone has been busy, topshelf work

zaxxon

Some really spectacular water images here!