Today's Project

Started by bobbystahr, May 27, 2017, 08:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

This scene is a scene from the cgsociety lighting challenge that I originally got that Haunted Hallway from. I dl'd many of them and most have zero textures , I dunno but maybe the challenge was lighting only. Anyhow here's my attempt with textures procedural and image mapped and a link to the site should anyone be interested in some cool fairly instant geometry to play with:
http://www.3drender.com/challenges/

I guess I could have read this:
1. These .rar files need to be un-archived (just like .zip files.) You may need a utility like Stuffit, WinRAR, or RAR Expander.

2. Lighting Challenge scene are free for any artist to download and light. Use whatever 3D software you want to light and render the scene.

3. To get feedback, post your work on the Lighting Challenges Forum. You need to Register before you post (it's free). For help see how to post images.

4. Lighting Challenges are brought to you by the author of the new book Digital Lighting & Rendering 3rd Edition. Check out the book for a great guide to improving your lighting and rendering skills.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

yossam

I used to fool around with those scenes a long time ago...........you are right, very few have any kind of textures at all. It was mainly a lighting challenge, but most of the entrants added textures to the geometry.  :)

Dune

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on May 28, 2017, 02:48:35 AM
Cool.

Thanks Ulco. Was fun to do and see how TG handles that type of close scene.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New