Mountain lake

Started by Ethrieltd, May 13, 2017, 06:23:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethrieltd

As per the title, a lesser seen "earth" type scene. It is somewhat vegetation/cloud heavy.

DannyG

Nice POV, if I may suggest I would limit the attitude of the trees, also the water is very noisy. Nice start I look forward to it's progression
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Ethrieltd

Quote from: Danny on May 13, 2017, 07:49:18 AM
to it's progression

That's it.

Plus I have no idea how to limit the attitude of trees. It's the second time I've used them in the history of ever. So, there's that...

DannyG

Easiest way to control populations is to plug a distribution shader in the tree's Density input, Then use the distribution shader's constraints to control the tree's altitude and or slope
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

bobbystahr

Quote from: Ethrieltd on May 13, 2017, 11:58:29 AM
Quote from: Danny on May 13, 2017, 07:49:18 AM
to it's progression

That's it.

Plus I have no idea how to limit the attitude of trees. It's the second time I've used them in the history of ever. So, there's that...

Plug a Distribution shader into the Use density shader, then edit the constraints re: height and slope in the Distribution shader taking the water height as the lowest you'd want to populate...that should help
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Ethrieltd

Seems logical. Will try in the future. Was planning on using a painted shader to control the tree lines, but got sidetracked and ended up not bothering.

**EDIT**

Oh, ALTITUDE! I was thinking of attitude (as in angle) and was somewhat confused...

Well, while I'm here there were two other versions along the way, I would have preferred to keep the water from V1 but I somehow messed it up and couldn't get it right again and after a seemingly endless set of crop renders I gave up. Weird color issues cropped up in V2 that I had to revert all my surface layers to get rid of. I'd gotten to a point where I felt no clear end was in sight and was adding stuff for stuff's sake...

...and I've been down that road...

DannyG

To control them naturally use both altitude as well as slope (attitude). You can get these by right clicking on the area in the 3d preview and copy the values. Not sure if you know that or not, sometimes the simplest things don't get discussed here as they are just implied
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

DocCharly65

Nice project.

Concerning the water I would do much smaller waves. If you compare the scale between trees and waves they look really big.