FracWarpPond

Started by bobbystahr, May 19, 2017, 08:52:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Just playin around and it sorta works but have gotten some square looking 'artifacts' in the mid left trees that didn't show up in the smaller test renders. Image incorporates a Dune Cypress, an XFROG Bottleneck Willow, 2 Dune grasses and 2 Walli water grasses populations. C&C welcome and help with that artifacting necessary.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

Perhaps it helps to move the trees a bit in right or left direction. I had this problem sometimes with pops and moving the poulation helped.

But all in all very beautiful and idyllic! Nice view onto the tree trunk. Like!

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on May 19, 2017, 09:02:14 AM
Perhaps it helps to move the trees a bit in right or left direction. I had this problem sometimes with pops and moving the poulation helped.

But all in all very beautiful and idyllic! Nice view onto the tree trunk. Like!

Thanks Nils....I was suspecting intersecting populations but why does it make a right angle artifact when there's no right angle anything in the area is what gets me....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Don't know, Bobby... I only made the experience that this doesn't happen with all objects (trees). But I never found a explanation... only that workaround.

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on May 19, 2017, 09:11:37 AM
Don't know, Bobby... I only made the experience that this doesn't happen with all objects (trees). But I never found a explanation... only that workaround.

Thanks man...will do some tests when I get back from the chiropractor...this new guitar is inducing some new twists to my back it seems...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oshyan

I quite like this one, beautiful lighting and mood. I don't know if I see the problem you're referring to though. Must be missing it. :D

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on May 19, 2017, 06:56:56 PM
I quite like this one, beautiful lighting and mood. I don't know if I see the problem you're referring to though. Must be missing it. :D

- Oshyan

Thanks Oshyan, I did solve it, edit pop and delete intersecting trees di the trick. I'd seen it before and remembered what I did then. I've removed the ivy from the log and populated it with AP's lovely moss03 which looks mo' bettah imho. Trying different sun positions but the original  with slightly thickened haze/mist still seems to be winning that comp.

Tweaked the moss into a more irregular/organic formation and set to render...looks to be a 5 hour one so see y'all in the morning.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

archonforest

Lovely render bobby. Like the calmness and the lights.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Cocateho

Very nice! Love the dead log in the front, where's that from?

bobbystahr

Thanks Atilla
@ Cocateho...it is from Quixel Megascans but I can't find the link for the log. May be in File Sharing though.

found it
https://megascans.se/library/free

Here's what I think is a final withA P's lovely moss replacing the ugly ivy I made...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.