Picture

Started by rcallicotte, September 14, 2007, 10:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dhavalmistry

I didnt get it.....its a real picture!
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

rcallicotte

Exactly.  I was at first treating it like it was a graphic, since the URL was in an email from a graphic newsletter I get.  I was examining it and looking at all the cloud edges thinking, "Dude, that's too much fractal."  LOL

8)

Harvey Birdman

It is funny how playing with this stuff changes the way one looks at pictures. I'm not sure it's a good thing - I wonder how much simple appreciation I lose by getting too analytical.

rcallicotte

mr-miley

I must admit that I am the type of sad person who finds himself looking at a beautiful sunset and thinking "hmm, what do you reckon, increased red decay, and I wonder what I'd have to do to a power fractal shader to get those clouds like that...?" or "those displaced patches of heather or gorse or whatever... over there on the hillside, I wonder if you could use the deep snow clip for that but change the colour and add a bit of displacement to the top layer?"

Thats how sad I am....  :'(
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

old_blaggard

Oh, trust me, I do that all of the time - it drives my family insane when I verbalize it ;).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Harvey Birdman

My god, we're a bunch of geeks...

:o   ;D

mr-miley

old_blaggard.. I darent say it infront of my wife or daughter any more, they hit me with things....  :'(

Harvey....... you said it my friend, how true  ;D  ;D  ;D
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

dhavalmistry

Quote from: mr-miley on September 20, 2007, 04:38:11 AM
old_blaggard.. I darent say it infront of my wife or daughter any more, they hit me with things....  :'(

lol....I cant stop laughing and picturing it in my head....I am sorry....

efflux

The danger is that we try to get our renders looking "realistic" but end up with something which in a photo gallery would be quite boring because the most interesting photos are often of things that look unrealistic. For example:

http://www.atacamaphoto.com/bolivia/bolivia14.jpg

efflux

Or:

http://www.shunya.net/Pictures/Egypt/Farafra/WhiteDesert11.jpg

You can find a lot of crazy real stuff. This one is from the White Desert Egypt.

dhavalmistry

I cannot see any pictures.....

dhavalmistry

and how about this...is this a photo or a CG work?????......

efflux

I see the pictures in my browser. Actually, I'm unsure if I should insert these images to show directly in my message or post a link because obviously they're not mine. Although the original location can still be found.

I think we should have a forum area for reference stuff.

dhavalmistry, I can't see anything where you linked to.