Picture

Started by rcallicotte, September 14, 2007, 10:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

Quote from: calico on September 26, 2007, 09:32:11 AM
It's CG, but how?

Quote from: dhavalmistry on September 22, 2007, 11:36:37 PM
and how about this...is this a photo or a CG work?????......
Actually I reckon it's not. Just a coincidence. ;D

- Oshyan

efflux

It's a photo. You can tell by some artifacts and stuff that would not be in a CG render. Probably dirt on the camera but the cloud is actually too complex in structure to be CG.

su_liam

Quote from: mr-miley on September 19, 2007, 06:37:33 PM
I must admit that I am the type of sad person who finds himself looking at a beautiful sunset and thinking "hmm, what do you reckon, increased red decay, and I wonder what I'd have to do to a power fractal shader to get those clouds like that...?" or "those displaced patches of heather or gorse or whatever... over there on the hillside, I wonder if you could use the deep snow clip for that but change the colour and add a bit of displacement to the top layer?"

Thats how sad I am....  :'(

I find that it has given me a new appreciation of some of the simpler and more mundane things I see. I can sort of, "pick out," ways of generating those. The really spectacular stuff is so far beyond my cg capabilities that I can just relax and enjoy them. I really sympathize with the guy stopping to take pictures of rocks. I turned a 45 minute drive to the coast into a two hour ordeal for my family... then it started to rain... hard.

Matt

efflux, where exactly is this taken from? I'm living in Keswick at the moment...

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

efflux

It's very near Keswick. It's taken from the top of Scar Hill. You can walk along Scar Crags to get there. There are very good views from there.

Here are more shots:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/media/folder_130/file_1294174.jpg

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/media/folder_130/file_1293630.jpg

Matt

A ha, I recognise Robinson in the middle of these two pics. I see that from my window :)

I think you mean Crag Hill? I've never been up there - maybe this weekend if the weather eases...

efflux

Yes, I think you are right. It's Crag Hill.

Why are you in the Lake District?

The weather here is fine. I live in Carlisle but when it's OK here the Lake District can still be much worse. It's the wettest place in the country.

Matt

Perhaps the same reason you like to photograph it? ;)  Anyhow, when the weather's bad elsewhere in the country it's often gorgeous here.

efflux

Yes, the Lake District is a beautiful place but I think the locals here do not appreciate this. I originally came from Northern Ireland and have lived elsewhere as well so I don't take it for granted.

It's a very expensive area to buy a house in though.

efflux

There is a guy called tommorules on Renderosity who takes stunning pictures of the Lake District. This is an example. There are lots in his gallery.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/media/folder_138/file_1376700.jpg