How to simulate drone mapping flights in Terragen

Started by aknight0, May 22, 2017, 07:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aknight0

Hey all,

I'm not sure if this is the right place for new tutorials, I checked the wiki page, but it is still marked as Terragen 2/3 and doesn't seem to have been updated for quite a while. 

Anyways, here's a video I put together showing my workflow for simulating drone mapping flights in Terragen.  The Terragen side of things is relatively simple, but it walks through bringing in public elevation data and satellite imagery, placing object populations, importing flight paths and camera poses from Mission Planner, and creating a 3D model from the resulting imagery.  It's been useful for some of our beginners, and I thought it might be of interest.

https://youtu.be/vA4gHBTfKPM

[attachimg=1]

KlausK

Very nice! I am going to check it out, for sure. Thank you.
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Dune

I did. Very interesting. Thanks for posting. Especially the part about changing lat/long of the planet and imported dem opened my eyes, thanks.

bobbystahr

Most useful and well made tute...thanks very much.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on May 22, 2017, 10:03:10 AM
I did. Very interesting. Thanks for posting. Especially the part about changing lat/long of the planet and imported dem opened my eyes, thanks.

potentially useful info for your project with Dorian for sure
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

aknight0

Thanks!  Changing the planet origin was a handy tip I got from Oshyan a while back. 

Dune

Yeah, I could have used that tip on my work with Dorian indeed. Too late now  ;)

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on May 26, 2017, 01:56:56 AM
Yeah, I could have used that tip on my work with Dorian indeed. Too late now  ;)

There's always next time, and there's always a next time....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New