Scene from the Observatory

Started by luvsmuzik, May 24, 2017, 09:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

More fun using the burst and just some spheres on another squashed sphere
0012b is a galaxy of stars but I am struggling for the right angle and position for camera. I should probably not have a terrain?

DocCharly65

Quote from: luvsmuzik on May 24, 2017, 09:44:12 AM
More fun using the burst and just some spheres on another squashed sphere
0012b is a galaxy of stars but I am struggling for the right angle and position for camera. I should probably not have a terrain?

Cool idea with the sphere!

Perhaps you can use frankB's planetpack from NWDA for additional "easy stars"
There is a very nice stars background included. I use it for almost everything with stars.

luvsmuzik

So this is what I was trying to do. WIP

luvsmuzik

For Dad, Leonard, and Bill

Another level..pachalmars nebula and stars clip for background
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,2017.msg19724.html#msg19724

Galaxy object is a Blender tutorial for making a galaxy using an animation with particle systems: force fields and collision objects to propel the star fields. There are three separate systems of stars here, a nucleus and two other spoke type projections.

Agura Nata

I usually take my own remarks as the basis for my works
You can take photos with tripod and a camera beautiful photos and these in TG or Blender as background.
In the summer photographed stars clouds in the Milky Way from our garden

Visible constellations  from top to bottom:
Aquila, Scutum, Sagittarius
"Live and Learn!"

luvsmuzik

I was making these objects about this time so I will put this image here.
Very much a work in progress. many adjustments to be made, probably including a new shockwave. I was testing the starburst feature. Scale is way off on everything.
Hannes's gold tgc. from materials library.
starfield background tgc.

I tried this simple shockwave animation in Blender last year on my older computer. I did not have enough power to do the force fields and textures, so I had to sacrifice texture. Therefore it does not look fiery. I will attempt this again now that I have a new computer with hopefully enough power to handle it. :)
https://youtu.be/7VYVWxc-O-E

luvsmuzik

As an old decrepit female, when I was in school my father had to go before the school board so I could take physics, then an advanced class. I had already made excellent marks in cooking and sewing and was trying to broaden my horizons, so to speak. In my day you got an education at home as well as in school. My dad loved astronomy and to my mom's disdain after we got our first television, as a family, we watched many programs. I think I already referred to seeing the nylon strings attached to the "flying saucers" in some of the first sci-fi programs. We visited the Planetarium in Chicago as well as the many museums. I had grandparents who were born before automobiles were the mode of transportation. I was lucky to hear their opinions on the "progress of the world today". As a child, my dad got to go to New York City for the World's Fair. I still have his mementos from that trip. What I do here is a dream to create something by learning something. I was taught to share, so my family does this. I can make a link to something I do and share it. I enjoy seeing others accomplish something as well, thinking how some of us struggle and others are just "born with it".  I do tend to ramble on, only because of enthusiasm for creative works. Just shake your head, laugh, and have a nice day!

luvsmuzik

hmmm...rendertime 2:57 micropoly 0.8 AA 6

WAS

Quote from: luvsmuzik on April 05, 2018, 07:26:47 AM

That's very cool, and not a bad tender time at all. Not sure what's wrong with my PC but little preview renders that took 10-20 minutes jumped to 1-2 hours with detail 0.1 and AA 2. :(

luvsmuzik

Quote from: WASasquatch on April 05, 2018, 12:56:38 PM
Quote from: luvsmuzik on April 05, 2018, 07:26:47 AM

That's very cool, and not a bad tender time at all. Not sure what's wrong with my PC but little preview renders that took 10-20 minutes jumped to 1-2 hours with detail 0.1 and AA 2. :(

Thanks! I was trying for a more redhot look somewhere in there, but I will keep at it.
Bummer! I was following your problems.....in the TGDiscussion post are you using the starfield clip? You might try some floating fake stones set way out there. I usually only do luminousity at 1 at the maximum. Sometimes you can do an area light depending on what you need. 

Last two images ...pure PS https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,23539.msg246150.html#msg246150

Just do not melt anything please  :)

luvsmuzik

More fun! Cloud Density fractal 7 lights

luvsmuzik

Can't seem to get the laciness, but I will keep after it.

luvsmuzik

More play with the Nebula file from Dennis Sirenko

Not going for accuracy as much as artsy.  :)

1. TG render with two light sources  I see the humming bird and the rose, anybody else? Here I also tried to adjust the ceiling on TG haze and haze level, trying for some gaseous look. Is there a limit to TG haze ceiling?
2. TG render with out of program filters applied
3. RGB split with histogram adjust and colorize and filtered

Thanks again for the tgc file share!  I have changed seed in main source PF before warping, also changed seed and other minor adjust to warp fractals. I stayed in the huge range, just minor changes.